PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck, worry, panic

Goldfinch
21-08-12, 08:28
Hi all, after a rough first two-three weeks on Cipralex I felt so much better, was sleeping through the night, only still slightly jittery. Then yesterday I broke a front tooth (I have always had dental problems and in fact I already have a back one which needs to come out at some point). In the face of all the current financial stresses this is all I need. Thank goodness I have managed to find an NHS dentist who is willing to register me and see me as an emergency later today. But it's put me straight back into anxiety mode - what if they can't solve the problem? What if I have to have a big gap for the rest of my life? etc. etc. I was awake at 3 am, finally took 2 mg diazepam at 5 am and dozed for a couple of hours. I know this is the kind of thing life throws at us all the time and I just want to be able to deal with it without getting into a panic every time something goes wrong!

BobbyDog
21-08-12, 09:45
They should be able to cap the tooth or crown it, so don't worry all will be resolved.
Hope your appointment goes OK,
Take care.:)

Goldfinch
21-08-12, 10:18
Thanks for your message - unfortunately it was already crowned and has broken off at gum level, so I think it's going to be a tricky one to fix. This may be the year I finally get a partial denture - something I have dreaded for years! I know I won't be the only person with one, and people lead full and happy lives with all sorts of prosthetic bits and pieces. I'm just feeling really sorry for myself. And then of course there's "what if there's some technical reason why they can't even fit a denture"... I'm sure that can't happen too often!

Dizzzie
21-08-12, 13:28
I recently thought I had a stomach problem felt like when I ate it was getting stuck only to discover my level of anxiety was causing acid etc etc but know why urban just when u think I'm breathing right I feel
Ok Wham!!! Something else to worry about hope your tooth is sorted soon x

Goldfinch
21-08-12, 19:07
Well I'm pleased to say the appointment went well and I'm going to have a temporary plate while I save up for something more permanent, so I won't have to go round with a gap for months on end. All that catastrophising for nothing - what a waste of emotional energy that was!