PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time panic attack sufferer

jenniss09
21-08-12, 09:36
Hi all i suffered panic attacks 10 years ago when my mum died of a heart attack i used this site and found it very usefull.

10 years on i started getting sharp chest pains so i started to have panic attacks, went to the doctors and had health checks all came back back clear but still having panic attacks and now diagnosed with depression and been o anti depressants for 3 weeks which are not working yet and am struggling. i used to be able to control them and went 9 years without panic attacks but i guess i have forgotten how to cope and control them.

i have lots of support from my dr though who is monotering me and alot of close friends understand as have had it too.

BobbyDog
21-08-12, 09:42
Warm welcome jenniss09,

:welcome:

nomorepanic
21-08-12, 09:46
Hi jenniss09

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Carrie.K
21-08-12, 10:07
Hello, I am suffering with panic attacks again after a spell of not having them and I seem to be finding it harder this time around, have been offered anti depressants but feel very nervous about taking them, having a great support network is very helpful, having friends who have also had panic attacks makes things easier as you feel you have people to talk too that understand. Have you tried CBT? :)