PDA

View Full Version : HELP - pregabalin stopped now very down

maxmc2
21-08-12, 10:49
Hi guys,

Not a frequent poster here but feel i need to get something down in writing as that may help how im feeling.

Been on pregabalin for about 9 months now for headaches, dizziness and GAD and have recently come off it as of last week to go onto Buspirone.

As there was a mix up at my GP i didn't get my new presciption before i had finished pregabalin so have been off any meds for a week and am not feeling dizzy of having headaches at all... but..

Since coming off pregabalin i have been very very down and depressed?.

I feel at times very emotional and then sometimes very angry with rage, my eating patterns have gone out the window and am waking in the night and not being able to get back to sleep.

Ive never felt like this before, i know i suffer with GAD but this to me feels different. I feel im digging myself into a whole that i may not be able to get myself out of if im not careful.

Has anyone else experienced this coming off pregabalin? Initially i was taking 50mg twice a day and my pshcyatrist told me to go to 50mg once a day for a week then stop, so its not really like i finished it abruptly.

Thanks for reading, hope your all well.

hanshan
25-08-12, 17:12
Hi Max,

Sorry not to respond earlier.

Can you say why your doctor said to switch from pregabalin to buspirone? In terms of medications, pregabalin rates pretty good, whereas buspirone rates yeah maybe.

No-one should stop taking a highly psychoactive medication like pregabalin over a short time. Some doctors recommend a slow reduction over three months or so.

ChrisScotland
03-09-12, 13:53
Hiya Max.I also suffered pretty much the same effects as yourself after being off of Pregabalin for 3 days.I didn't change over medication like yourself.

I would say to your Doctor to put you back on them because it sounds as though they were helping to some degree.Unless you're doing better on your new medication since this post.

Hope you're keeping good.