PDA

View Full Version : New here but worried

Mum3
21-08-12, 10:52
Hi, I am new here and have had anxiety difficulties concerning my personal health for years. When others have symptoms, I am efficient and logical but for myself I always think worse case scenario. presently, I am concerned about pain that is persistent in my upper/middle back. I have had this off and on for over a year but recently it has become worse. I had blood work completed which came out fine. what I tend to do is google symptoms and have become worried when lung cancer came up. I have been diagnosed with IBS and GERD and even though the pain that I have is most likely due to these conditions, I have scared myself. I am nervous about approaching the doctor again as I feel embarrassed. I would be grateful for some reassurrance.

nomorepanic
21-08-12, 11:02
Hi Mum3

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Dizzzie
21-08-12, 12:55
Hey there I'm new to this also I have been suffering with pain between shoulder blades and in breast area doctor seems to think its related to anxiety u can also get quite bad heartburn as a result of being anxious I have just decided to see doctor as I could no longer cope with panick attacks and all the aches and pains that accompany it maybe u may want to speak to a doctor about options they're ate many hope u feel better soon x

Mum3
21-08-12, 14:45
Hi, I saw the doctor about a year ago who sent me for an EKG which came out normal and tablets for acid reflux. I was also told it was stress. I went again about 3 weeks ago and my pain in my upper back and shoulder blades wasn't really addressed, he just sent me for a battery of bloodwork which came back fine and I was told no further action needed. I feel like it is most likely my acid reflux but then there is always this niggling thing in my head that it could be something like lung cancer but I'm sure it's only because I was silly enough to google it. My partner pointed out that the same symptoms come with stress and IBS/GERD which I already have. My partner also said that if the doctor was concerned I would have been sent for scans etc. I feel ridiculous but I can't help thinking worst case scenario all the time. sorry to hear that you are feeling the same type of pain as me. it's terrible.