PDA

View Full Version : took my breath away

Farr06
25-07-06, 12:49
I have woken up twice last week feeling like something was taking my breath away, gasping like I was in a strong wind. My fiance swears its cause he left the fan on and it was blowing in my face from across the room, and I was ok when it was switched off, but I cant help feeling scared it was a pneumothorax coming on or something. Does anyone else feel their breath has ben taken away?/ Can a fan really do that while you're asleep? It doesnt take my breath away when Im awake

Anxiety Is Evil

**whenwillthisend**
25-07-06, 14:22
well i suppose a fan or any sort of breeze if strong enough could take you breath away but to be honest i think it is anxiety playing tricks again...at the minute im struggling with this breathing thing and worry i will stop breathing....we are so sensitive to everything that even the feeling of a fan on your face makes you think its something worse i.e we interpret things differently to how we did before anxiety took a hold....

carlin
25-07-06, 17:28
Hi there, in my opinion, definately the fan, I am exactly the same!!!!!

Will Loynes
25-07-06, 19:35
Hi,
I often tend to miss a breath when I am having health anxieties or feeling anxious in general.

Will :)