PDA

View Full Version : joint pain knees and elbows

loumo
21-08-12, 15:00
Hi I have had deppression and health anxiety since my teenage years, I have good weeks and bad weeks. I have been taking citalpram for 6 years with mixed success, better than the alternative. Over the last six months I have gradually come off the meds. However my anxiety and depression have returned and I have been suffering knee and joint pains and I am really worried. So I have started taking citalopram again 20mg. Could the citalopram cause it even though my body should be used to it. I cant sleep and am falling into all the old google routines again.

eileenb73
21-08-12, 22:01
Hi
I think sometimes because of HA your body becomes hypersensitive to any slight ache or pain, its an over-reaction to the flight/fight response, because youve been off meds you tolerance to anxiety has decreased and youve maybe just got a twinge and your body is overreacting, once I feel a pain , I can feel it for weeks getting worse and worse but once the citalopram is working it should lessen, maybe you need a stronger dose of citalopram , and once I also recognise a pain as anxiety I seem to be better at finding new pain I havent experienced to worry about