PDA

View Full Version : want to live in a bigger house

madstitcher101
21-08-12, 15:56
but there's no way we could afford it. At the moment we live in a 2 bedroom house, which my DH has owned since before we got together. We have 2 children, 4 guinea pigs and 2 hamsters. Our youngest still sleeps in his cotbed in our bedroom, we have yet to get the other bedroom converted into a third bedroom for him. MY DH has been somewhat reluctant to get this done because our son has autism and is a poor sleeper. The kids have a lot of toys and stuff and I feel that the house is being taken over by them. The animals are living in the living room so space is taken up by their cages. I feel totally boxed in. Our kitchen is the size of a box, and I'm feeling more and more depressed by it all.

My DH is retired (he's a lot older than me), and I don't work. I'm a carer to my son. I would love to have a bigger house with a minimum of 3 bedrooms, a room for my sewing and a study room, as well as a much bigger kitchen and a dining area. I just can't see that ever happening and that makes me feel worse. :weep:

mikewales
21-08-12, 16:55
I think really you need to be realistic about it. If neither of you are working, then it sounds pretty much impossible unless you sell your house and move to a bigger one in a much worse area.

You should try and make the most of the space you have, get the bedroom converted, declutter as much as possible, put stuff you don't need in the attic etc..

R4963
21-08-12, 19:42
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you and I feel crappy and selfish for saying it but I want to move to a bigger house too! I have 2 kids and live in a 2 bed house with a tiny kitchen, living room and in a rubbish area with motorbikes zooming down the road and rubbish being thrown on our drive. Husband and I both work but we're stuck as we don't earn enough to get a larger mortgage. In fact we only own 3/4 of our house bought at the hight of the housing boom in 2005.
It's annoying as I work from home and I'd really like to have somewhere to set up my office rather than having to work from my bedroom.
Our options are to either stay here until one of us starts earning more or sell up and move into a family rented house. I feel awful moaning but it does get me down too. need more space!!