PDA

View Full Version : feel lost and afraid

richtaz33
21-08-12, 18:07
Hi sorry if i have covered this in the past but as most know we all look for some help or resurance from time to time. After being off medication for a month i decided to go back on it as i was getting worse and worse. I decided to give citalipram a go again as last september after around 12 days it felt like a magic switch had been flicked on but it only lasted 3 months. I had crossed tapered from one drug to another. during that period i had stress from work and had broken up and re got back with my fiancee but wasnt straight forward as i had to win her back.
Anyway since december i have been depressed and numb and over xmas we had to call out the doctor because i just bottomed out. I had real bad ruminating thoughts 24/7 and feelings of not loving my fiancee again, i couldnt understand it. because september to december i was deeply happy and in love and knew exactly what i wanted. january to august i was on sertraline with pretty much no effect and on a high dose. during that time i have been all over the place and the thoughts and feelings were there.
Now 10 days in on citalipram 20mg again and nothing is it probably because i have nothing in my system and it will take a while to build it up again. I feel constantly sad,loose stools, tired, dry mouth, loss labido, not really interested in things, feel odd like detached. I seem to have this depressed feeling like i have broken up with her. it feels odd and horible i feel like crying rarely able too. I have just started a new job as well and i dont do change very well.
So basicly any advice am i depressed still? am i being impatient?
i get upset inside/ feel sad when i have these thoughts/feelings. Then i sometimes wonder is it me thinking it or my auot thoughts etc. I feel muddled un sure and dont know what to think or feel anymore.

i laugh but dont feel it.
i cuddle but dont feel it
i look at my family and not interested or feel anything
i dont seem to love my fiancee or interested
i am not really interested in work
not interested in my flat.
the list goes on.
i surf the net for reasurance.

i have only been diagnosed with depression and mood disorders but i swear they are missing something. doctors and specilists say no its all depression and anxiety.

please please someone give me some guidance i seen councilours and hypnotherapy etc and no better.
i feel doomed.
thanks for reading.

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

i know its allott to ask really would like some kind of advice or does anybody else experince this or been through this. i seem to double doubt everything as well. why do i go ok for a few weeks and it all goes wrong. lately i get around 30 seconds then it all crashes.

BobbyDog
21-08-12, 18:58
I seem to remember having most of the symptoms that you describe when I started taking Citalopram, it takes about a month to six weeks before most people start to feel the benefit from AD's. Give it a little longer and if you still get the symptoms, go back to your doctor and get a proffessional opinion.