PDA

View Full Version : am i suffering withdrawl symptoms??

jonners
22-08-12, 00:56
Hi to everyone still up at this hour!!
I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me........i have been on mirtazapine for nearly two years now. I was on 45mg but dropped to 30mg about a month ago. However this last week, I have not had chance to get to the dr for my repeat prescription and have run out til tmrw. The last few days I have been feeling drained and over emotional and have been experiencing dizzy headaches and nausea/lack of appetite and trouble sleeping.
I worry when I feel poorly and was just wondering if anyone knows if my lack of mirtazapine has contributed to this and if I will have any complications when I start it again tmrw??
Thanks in advance for any help and I hope everybody has a calm night.
Jon.

tommy1982
22-08-12, 01:09
For sure it sounds like witdrawal. You should be on a steady taper to come off it. If you put your tongue in between your two front teeth you will problem feel them rattle with the withdrawal.

taken it again wont do you any hard just stay on a taper your doc advises.

jonners
22-08-12, 01:11
i swear i can feel my brain rattling in my head too!!
thanks for ur reply - has helped put me at ease knowing the cause of it all.
jon.

tommy1982
22-08-12, 01:27
What always annoys me about withdrawal is you never think it is withdrawal due to the timing you only believe it was all the withdrawal when your better! I guess thats the anxiety it brings with it!

I remember I came off valium and it didnt hit me until about a week after my last tab.

jonners
22-08-12, 01:32
i am deffo inclined to agree with you there - have been feeling a bit crappy for a few days but just decided to worry it was something else instead!!
am glad u were able to throw some sense my way!!

uk23
22-08-12, 04:41
Most doctors are quite understanding when it comes to anti-depressants, benzos and other drugs which can have nasty withdrawals.