PDA

View Full Version : Day 9 Escitralopram - seriously need help!

dez
22-08-12, 11:51
It's day 9 now and I've never felt worse. Over the last fews days I've started waking up at about 5. My stomach goes into knots and my head fogs over. I can't get back to sleep, so I get up and have a cigarette. This sends my head into a spin and I get totally dizzy and can hardly make it up the stairs back to bed. I then have to lie there with this nervous (and I mean going to die nervous) for another hour and a half before I have to get up and get ready for work. This wasn't happening until I started the Escitalopram and I feel like I might have to go off sick, which I realy do not want to do as it's the only thing keeping me sane. I really need help here!

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Forgot to say. I have no appetite anymore and am being sick (dry wretching) every morning.

Donny
22-08-12, 13:31
Hi dez

Sadly these are very common side effects with escitalopram. I had all these and many more worse ones.

It takes escitalopram 7 days to reach a steady dose of however much you are on. It then takes around another 7 days for the body to get used to this amount. (it can take a little longer but your side effects will start reducing soon.)

My side effects were bloody horrendous, to the point where I almost jacked it in but this was my second time of taking them and I had my last experience to work from.

However, I'm now 12 weeks into it and am feeling fantastic.

Take a week of if need be but stick with it. it will get better.