PDA

View Full Version : gastritis getting me really worried !!!

pre23
22-08-12, 12:00
Hey ...I just joined this forum today and I just wanted to meet others that worry about their health ! I have health anxiety and have been to many docs ! But now I fight anxiety without meds and I just try to control my thoughts. Ok so about ago I have been diagnosed with erosive gastritis and the doc said I have h pylori. So I have been suffering with gastritis for some time symptoms are nausea, loss of appetite,feeling abit weak, hunger pains and feeling like this thing might kill me !! Ok so yesterday I was fine. I thought my gastritis was healed so I had some spicy nuts and soda...30mins later I had The worse pain I never felt before which made my anxiety shoot up and the only way to feel better was to throw up the nuts that rubbed against my gastritis!!! Anways I have been taking my meds for gastritis but I just want to meet people who are going through more or less the same thing and to share ideas on how to overcome the worriedness and fear of dying because right now I feel like I'm going to die ...doc had done every test out there I had an endoscope as well so no cancer just erosive gastritis !!! Is there anyone who have exprienced this ? Thanks

nomorepanic
22-08-12, 12:11
Hi pre23

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bernie1977
22-08-12, 14:07
Has your GP not prescribed a PPI such as omeprazole or lansoprazole, this is the usual treatment for gastritis. I suffer with acid reflux and have had gastritis in the past, omeprazole has always worked for me. If you have tested positive for H Pylori you need antibiotics and a PPI to clear this otherwise it won't go. I have found a good natural remedy which helps my stomach is mastic gum. I really think you should speak to your doctor again.

pre23
23-08-12, 08:11
Hey I'm on the triple therapy for h pylori so its 2 antibiotics and 1 ppi which is omeprazole. I also have anxiety disorder so right now I'm feeling very scared about whether gastritis can kill me ! actually I have erosive gastritis but when I spoke to my physican he showed me pictures of the gastritis and said its small dots and it would have cleared in 2 week because I was on some meds stomach pain meds and ppi. So I don't know if I should go to the hospital or go back to the doc because I feel dizzy and very scared that I might die or something !! Well I'm on meds but I want to know if I can die from this thing :( my anxiety is really bad because of this gastritis