PDA

View Full Version : Please reply so scared

Elise
22-08-12, 14:28
Hi everyone i have been suffering from anxiety for a few weeks now and it started when i was on holiday in spain.. Ive thought loads of things were wrong with me from cancer to stomach problems .. the list goes on though. Today ive been stupidly reading about sudden cardiac death ( think thats the name) and i'm so terrified im going to die and i just had a panic attack and my head went really weird i thought i was going to collapse and die. Please somebody help me i cannot stop crying and shaking and i am so convinced im going to either drop dead or die in my sleep. I used to be so happy and i'm only 17 it is ruining my life please please reply thank u

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

#

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

I can feel another one coming on and im so convinced im going to die today i cant stop crying

wafflewaffle
22-08-12, 14:39
Hi Elise, try & breathe....
I sometimes worry about this too, but I try and talk myself out of thinking it will be me.
For example, most of the stories I have seen are about people who participate ina lot of sport & I am not much of a sporty person, so I just tell myself, its not going to happen to me because I am not that sporty I know that is probably not true but it makes me feel a bit better, is there anything like this you could do?
Also try not to google/read about it anymore & put it to the back of your mind. I'm terrible for googling too, then I end up spending hours searching for one positive story out of thousands of negative ones to cling to, as soon as I find a positive one, I stop looking and then try and keep this in my mind instead of all the bad ones.
I know it is really scary but you just have to try not to think about it, try and do something else to take your mind off it, even if that is just talking to a friend or playing a silly game on your phone/computer.... maybe try going for a walk or something?

Hope you feel better soon x

Elise
22-08-12, 14:44
Thanks for your reply :).. im trying so hard but i can't stop thinking im going to collapse and die. I'm so depressed i cant stop crying and its ruining my life :( Im not sporty either, but its only today when i read stuff about it i started to worry and now ive had 2 panic attacks today both where i've gone extremely light headed and dizzy and feel like im going to collapse..and die. I cannot describe how terrified i am but thank you again x :weep:

xvolatileheart
22-08-12, 21:08
I have had this feel many, many times. It's so scary and real and it's a vicious cycle of panic and anxiety and fear. You really should speak to your GP about it. Sending you hugs, know you're not alone. :hugs: