PDA

View Full Version : Job interview advice please

Christoff
22-08-12, 19:05
Since getting paid off from the company I had worked for for 10 years I have been unable to do a job interview for nearly 3 years due to my SA. I am currently working in a factory job that there was no pressure in the interview for ... and I hate it lol.

Anyway, recently I've come off my Citalopram tablets and for some reason I decided to bite the bullet and apply for a job I'd really like. HR rang me this afternoon and have set up a job interview for just over two weeks. Kinda shitting it already but trying my best to keep all the overwhelming negative thoughts out of my head. :emot-puke:

It'd be great to get some advice from people who have been in the same situation and overcome the problems. I'm thinking 5mg Diaz but don't want to appear too 'stoned', 2mg tabs do nothing for me.

Sparkle1984
22-08-12, 21:01
I can give you some general advice about job interviews. If you search on Google for "common job interview questions" you'll get lots of sample interview questions that you can practise with. It is also a good idea to do some background research about the company - look at their website, especially the About Us and Company History pages. In a lot of job interviews I've been to in recent years, the interviewer has asked me what I know about the company, so I always make sure I do my research. Also you should think of some good questions to ask the interviewer, so then you will know if you would really enjoy the new job. For example "What training will I receive?" "How many people are there in this team?" "What development opportunities are there?" and so on.

RockShox
23-08-12, 09:36
Yes, I was going to suggest Diaz. I done this for my last job interview in March and I was absolutely fine! Got the job too...

youcanmakeit
23-08-12, 10:07
Agree with sparkle above, make sure you knwo about the company, thier history and what they do. Also the position you are applying for, be sure to know as much as you can about that type of job.

Checking websites that cover common interview questions is a good idea, write down the key points you would want to get across when answering each question.

Ensure you have questions of your own to ask them, ask about the job, facilities, benefits etc.

Practise with a friend, go through the interview process, get them to ask you the questions you think you might be asked. Make notes of the things you did well or badly, and practise again. This should put you in a good position when going for the real thing.

Bring your c.v. and any certificates etc that may be required to prove your qualifications.

Good luck!!

Christoff
23-08-12, 18:05
Thanks for your help though I don't think I worded my question correctly lol. I have no problem preparing for the interview questions and should have no problem talking about my field of work. It's once I go into the interview my SA takes over. I blush, shake, struggle to breathe and can't get my answers out. I end up looking a complete pratt. I'm already starting to panic just writing about it here!
I really wanted to know how people get through interviews. Is diaz the only way?

johnielov
30-08-12, 09:01
I already go through some interviews but the very first job interview that I went through is the one that makes me feel so nervous because as I have said it's my first time. As I was interviewed, it's so hard to look the face of the interviewer but I said to myself I have to so that he will think that I'm confident enough. My knees were shaking and my hands got sweat I just dunno why cause the fact that it's cold in there. I can't help it I want to end up the interview right away cause I feel like I can't stand it anymore. But I really need a job that time so I must face it, I try to control myself being so nervous.
Actually I didn't passed the job interview but I'm happy to have my first job interview.