PDA

View Full Version : How to stop this tension?

Savannah
23-08-12, 08:20
I am feeling so ill with this now. I am seeing my GP next Friday if this doesn't stop. I am thinking it is tension as my jaw feels tight, my muscles in my neck and throat feel tight and all down the back of my head feels so heavy and tight. I can't stop it and I feel ill with it now, it just won't relax:weep:

It started last Friday when I had a bad tension headache and since then I have suffered like this. I can't relax and the feeling of tense muscles won't go. I have a cold tight patch on the crown of my head at times too.

I saw my GP Tuesday briefly and mentioned it, she said it is tension and not to worry, but it won't go and I can't relax. I am going back next Friday for a pill check so will be mentioning it it no better.

I lost my Nan 7 weeks ago and since then I hardly sleep and aswell as family stress I feel I can't carry on feeling this way. I have a wonderful husband and children that keep me going but my own family are causing me such distress, and losing my Nan aswell has made me feel alot worse.

Can anyone relate to this feeling? was it tension?

sunshine1
23-08-12, 19:06
It does sound really like tension. My nech and upper back get tense which makes my arm numb and head sore..

I found the following helpful:

massages
pilates
relaxation (found some on NHS website under tension/stress bit)
Warm/hot bath (also means some time for just you - no kids etc)
Going for a walk
Being aware of how I am sitting/driving - became aware that I sit in really tense position all the time.

hope this helps a bit!:yesyes: