PDA

View Full Version : Choosing the right course of action

Hiccup
23-08-12, 15:46
I had a tooth x-ray on Monday, due to an infection under a back tooth, which has been filed a number of years ago. It was very painful and I was very pleased to have the dentist look at it and give me some pain killers. It wasn't until I got home that the anxiety started about two little black dots on the x-ray, now I keep thinking that they are cancerous. The dentist has made me two appointiments, one to look into the state of the tooth and then a second one ready for a crown that he thinks that I will need. I have lived with HA for years but I have worked hard to wean myself off my high dose of antidepressants and although it has only been a little while I was feeling very pleased with myself ... had a slight blip with a bunion that I thought was a tumor!

So what I thought was, rather than ringing the dentist in a state of anxiety, that I should wait until the next appointment and see what he finds when he takes the old filing out as this would be what people without HA would do and live with the feeling. He mentioned an anti-septic wipe! If he thought there was anything sinister he would have got me in earlier than the 4 September wouldn't he?

Is this a good plan?