PDA

View Full Version : want another baby

spuder
23-08-12, 19:24
but am scared my depression and anxiety will get bad as i will have to come off my cipralex i do want another baby as i am 32 so getting old now. should i have another or leave it

wafflewaffle
23-08-12, 20:51
I want to have a baby too, I am 26 and not had one yet, just don't know whether its a good idea for me when I'm so anxious already but on the other hand me & the fiance are ready for one :s
It depends on your situation whether you should... can you tell us a bit more about yourself?

madstitcher101
23-08-12, 20:59
32 isn't old tbh. I was 33 when I had my first and 37 when I had my second (and last). You still have plenty of time and I'm sure you will be fine.

spuder
23-08-12, 21:01
i am 32 got a 9 yr old girl been married 12 years but 6 months ago we split up he moved out it was all my fault i was very depressed and stayed in bed for days on end. we argued like mad about my loss of sex drive he wanted sex and i didnt have any intrest in sex. but now we might be getting back with each other.

BobbyDog
23-08-12, 21:04
I think that you should concentrate on getting your relationship back on track. It is not your fault that your marriage was not working, you do not choose to have depression.

spuder
23-08-12, 21:06
ty bobbydog if we have another baby it might fetch us closer toghter

wafflewaffle
23-08-12, 21:14
No offence but I don't think thats the right reason to have a baby spuder

spuder
23-08-12, 21:15
why waffle? might help us be closer

wafflewaffle
23-08-12, 21:40
I guess it depends how secure things are, if you haven't been back together long and you have a baby, how can you be sure he wont leave again, you need to get things back on track between you both first? x

spuder
23-08-12, 21:49
true waffle thanks for the advice

LucyR
23-08-12, 22:29
It doesn't really matter its what you feel at the time I guess, there are no guarantees in anything really.

wafflewaffle
24-08-12, 20:15
no worries, i hope you don't think i was just being nasty, i just take having a baby to be a very big decision but this is probably coz my parents split up when i was young :)

Anxious_gal
25-08-12, 07:47
Hey I don't mean to be offensive it's just I have to be honest :)
Don't have a baby in the hopes it will fix a relashionship!
A new baby brings lots of extra stress.
Have a baby because you want one, and because you're able to give it the love care and time it needs to grow into a healthy adult.
The baby/child needs to come before your own desires .

Give it time, talk it over with your man. Make sure if you do go a head you'll be able to cope if you end up as a single parent.
Get some medical advice from your doctor to see of you can avoid what happened last time.

It's natural for mothers to not want sex for months after having a baby.
You loose up to 6 months sleep for the child's first 2 years of life.

But make sure you look after your own well being first :)

spuder
25-08-12, 12:53
thanks all for good advice ill take the advice on board