PDA

View Full Version : Migraine and pins and needles

NervousA1
23-08-12, 22:31
Hi I had a killer migraine yesterday afternoon at work, I could barely function it was throbbing on the left side. Took some ibuprofen for it and had an early night.

Pain is gone today, but I feel totally washed out could barely speak... and I got pins and needles in my hands and my chest feels really tight like its spasmed is that an after effect of the migraine or could it be anxiety? Used to get pins and needles etc when I used to get panic attacks. it was so scary :( don't want to get that bad again. :weep:

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

anyone?? :scared10:

Elle-Kay
24-08-12, 12:25
I suspect your pins and needles was down to a panic-like episode. If you get migraines as badly as you describe though, you should see your GP as over the counter ibuprofen etc. aren't really the right thing - I've had migraines for over 10 years, and ibuprofen has never, ever dulled the pain for me in a migraine attack (rather than just a bad headache).

NervousA1
24-08-12, 12:38
Had ibuprofen and a couple paracetamol at night it got rid of the migraine. I wouldnt say I was panicing it's like my chest stomache feels tight and cant breathe deep enough

Anxious_gal
24-08-12, 13:43
It's called parastesia or something like that.
Look up migraines on Wikipedia.

My symptoms are:
Pain, headache, light sensitivity,
Numbness, sometimes painful on hands, face, mouth.
Feeling out of it, things don't seem real,
LOSS of speech, sometimes confusion,
Vomiting,
Being weak, unsteady, dizzy,
Vision, aura,

Takes me a few days to recover and to feel normal .

NervousA1
24-08-12, 21:45
Interesting just looked up paresthesia, maybe when I'm extremely anxious I just tense up, my chest get tight and restricts breathing and the lack of oxygen causes the pins and needles.

Must be anxiety causing it, because I must breathe ok when I am asleep. It's just when awake I become aware of breathing and feel it's not automatic if that makes sense...

I'm feeling a bit better today, the day after the migraine was probably worse than the pain, feeling exausted shakey,weak etc.