PDA

View Full Version : Alex, Trying to overcome my illnesses

AlexB
23-08-12, 23:59
Hi, I'm alex,i'm 19 and I never usually use forums for things but sometimes doctors and other people, or simply google just doesnt cut some of the information I need to help me get through my problems, I have had an anxiety issue that i need help dealing with basically which seemed to creep up on me as I was at university had many friends went out alot and lived in a single person flat in a nice Accomodation, So i Cant see why I got like i am but the Anxiety before I knew what was wrong, was making me feel sick all day every day without being sick, i stopped eating stopped going out dropped from uni and essentially lived in my room at my Mother's house which i still do for now. This all started around april (2012) mainly but there were small signs such as feeling sick in restaurants and when drinking alcohol. so yeah it got bad enough to cut out my education completely and my social life and has ended up causing depression making me forgetful, restless yet have no energy ever, irritable and sometimes a really down mood, I have been to the doctors alot since apri, they finally became useful and game me Citalopram 10mg and Propanolol 10mg, I have been on it for 4 nights now including tonight and at first there was no difference but now i've retched, felt woozy, dizzy and mainly quite sick in my stomach. I have a feeling it's from drinking coca cola but i am not sure, my main problem I want to know about is that all of the posts i've read, no one seems to have just felt sick all the time like 100%, and worse when eating / drinking. I guess I just want reassurance, on will the citalopram help alot? will the councelling I've started help and will I ever get my life back 100%? Thanks for reading, hopefully someone can help me out!

nomorepanic
24-08-12, 00:09
Hi AlexB

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

AlexB
24-08-12, 00:14
I decided to come on this website for specific help and Reassurance for my specific problem, but main problem is waiting 5 days to see what the chat room's like

diane07
24-08-12, 00:26
Welcome to NMP Alex.

You are on the introduction thread and its were you are welcomed first.

If you check out the forum next and find the relevant forum for you to discuss what is needed, that is when you will get the responses you need for that particular prob, like anxiety forum or depression forum etc.

Any problems getting around or posting, just send me a message and i'll help you out.

You will get support and make good friends here.

di x

AlexB
24-08-12, 00:28
Ahh! i see, hehe, like i said i never use forums, no idea, but im sure i'll find where im meant to be posting! thanks!

diane07
24-08-12, 00:36
no worries hun, just click on my name to see where to message me if you need help.

It took me ages to find my way around here when i first joined and the forum was alot smaller then lol.

mk4402
24-08-12, 00:53
Charcoal pills are good for nausea, just dont take them 2 hours either side of your meds, or they'll absorb them instead, Only thing I've found to help

rachel m
24-08-12, 01:09
Hey Alex :welcome:x

poppy63
25-08-12, 14:26
Hi Alex.
i used to feel just the same as you i would retch and feel so sick i couldnt eat a thing . all i can say is chill out eat a little and often and slowly you will feel better.it sounds like anxiety to me.think about what has happened to you in the last 12 months uni etc ,its not suprising you feel the way you do these are like changing events .on the outside you look ok but your brain is such a powerful thing and often plays tricks on you.the meds you are on may make you feel sick as they did with me but ignore it and try and eat .i was advised by a nurse that fresh orange before eating will make you feel better.it does work .good luck :)