PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance and advice needed!

AlexB
24-08-12, 00:34
Hi, Im new to forum posting so sorry if i'm doing it wrong!, past few months i randomly had a big anxiety problem, long story short had no idea and felt sick 100% of the time,before i knew it was anxiety at all, and eating or drinking (mainly alcohol) made me feel alot worse so i stopped as much as i could, which brings me to my first problem which is, I've never heard of anyone having an anxiety issue where thye just feel sick ALL the time, even when not being pushed, like just lying in bed, so I'd like to know how normal it is? also I finally got some medication off my doctors after being a few times and they game me 10mg citalopram and 10mg Propanolol, first couple of days were fine, but last night and today have been aweful, to the point of going through the sick motions but nothing actually coming out :/, Im wondering how normal it is! and i'd also like to know if the councelling i'm startin to get and the medication etc, will it ever put me back on track to 100% back to normal so i can carry on with my life? I would usually just deal with any problems, but for the first time in my life, something is getting too much to cope with from time to time, and no one fully understands it seems, thanks for reading, hopefully people can help me out!

spuder
24-08-12, 15:52
i think your prob is due to drinking while on tabs.

Pipkin
24-08-12, 17:36
Hi Alex,

As you've only been on meds a couple of days and these symptoms are older, I don't think it's alcohol that's causing you a problem though it's not advisable to drink when you're on them.

When my anxiety first started a long time ago, I used to feel sick all the time. I could feel it rising first thing in the morning and it stayed there all day. It only went when I was distracted (the clue was there that it was anxiety related but I couldn't see it at the time).

Starting ADs also makes you feel nauseous for a couple of weeks so, add the two together and you will be feeling quite ill. Stick it out because it will get much better and, as hard as it is, try not to think about it too much because that will only make it worse as you'll become more anxious.

You've got a pretty savvy doctor who's referred you for counselling and put you on ADs with beta blockers to help you for a few weeks. He/she obviously understands the condition quite well so have faith that you'll be feeling better soon.

Take care

Pip

AlexB
27-08-12, 23:38
hey. sorry i think i explained it wrong , i meant i havent drank any alcohol since April, and i just dont eat a great deal anymore, also thanks for the advice I feel alot better! another problem is that I also feel, well Vulnerable alot recently, like anything bad could happen, it that part of the anxiety and everything?

saintdee
28-08-12, 07:53
I'm going through this exact symptom right now

AlexB
31-08-12, 03:29
hey, to the two people saying they have what I am going though, you need to go to your doctors and ask them for help as it doesnt just go away on it's own! I don't mean to panic with this i just know i am Slowwly getting better on my meds... which brings me to my question, really wondering how normal it is tthat im getting really dependant on the propanolol, and Im feeling like i could have a bad accident like with my heart and stuff, which my sensible side knows is rediculous as apart from my weight loss and anxiety and depression im trying to solve, im all good physically, but i feel more aware of well, Fatal things and stuff and its really concerning :S please reply :)