PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of a brain tumor! Could this be anxiety?

Jenanxiety
24-08-12, 01:04
I'm 17 and for about five days now I have been feeling really sick.
I was sick for two weeks about a month ago, I had severe vertigo, a headache, and a lot of nausea and vomiting.
I got better, and now I just started feeling like crap again a few days ago!
When I was sick for the two weeks I convinced myself(thanks to google) that I have a brain tumor.
I have been to the doctor several times, maybe four or five times in the last month.
I feel really nauseous almost all the time, so I haven't really eaten in five days (bad I know).
I have been vomiting a lot also, I have gotten that mostly under control and haven't thrown up in about 24 hours.
The back of my head hurts, and my neck hurts a little also.
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and my heart is pounding so hard, I can feel it.
Also sometimes I get the feeling of pressure on my temples.
I went to the doctor this morning to get blood drawn, and I saw my doctor and told him about the pressure feeling, and my ears popping and I asked him of he thought I had a brain tumor and he said "no you don't have a brain tumor."
He has told me this twice before also.
I am going in for a CT scan tomorrow morning.
I am so scared.
Do I have a brain rumor or could all this be because of my SEVERE health anxiety.
(it is all I think about 24/7, I have terrible terrible anxiety)

dlnandrew
24-08-12, 01:42
Hello, I'm new to this forum almost an hour new.to start off I'd like to say that i am also going through somewhat of the same thing.I have a terrible fear of having a heart attack and wake up everyday thinking that today will be the day.I get terrible headaches and nausea along with left arm pain that's dull and radiates down my hand and is terrifying.been to the doc and had blood work,ekg, and a heart ultrasound done about 5 days ago.I was diagnosed with costrocondritus (spelling probably wrong) but our minds are a powerful thing and once we havethe slightest symptoms and run to Google our panic and anxiety goes through the roof.I have found that lorazapam is good for panic symptoms.sorry if I wasn't much help but I am still new.good luck and stay away from Google(: