PDA

View Full Version : TRying to stop, but very hard

dez
24-08-12, 12:28
I've been on diazapam for about 3 months. 2mg 3 times a day. I've now been on escitralapram for 11 days and feel like crap. I want to stop the diazapam, but when I try I feel like I can't walk and get completely freaked out and jittery.
Any help?

mumx3boys
24-08-12, 14:08
Hi Dez, if you can find the courage to, try and get off any medicine which sustains your emotional state. Pls try and find a way to confront your anxiety through talk, therapy and exercise? One day you will have to face those demons, might as well be now? If you can afford to pls find a therapist ( cognitive hynotherapist) who you can talk to about just about everything. Anti d's don't really get to the heart of why you are so anxious . Pls contact me for any further advice
Sarah x

dez
24-08-12, 14:13
I would love to stop everything I'm on, but unfortunately I get really bad derealisation/dep which is exctremely frighteneing. It isn't just a case of being anxious and depressed. As soon as I find something to work, then I'll get off them. I've done this before and it was a nightmare, but I did finally get back to normal and was able to stop all meds immediately.

nicola1980
24-08-12, 14:18
Hi i really wouldn't worry about coming off the diazepam untill the escitralapram has properly kicked in and then you will be in a stonger position to wean yourself off the diaz plus your not on a high dose so just concentrate on getting yourself better first, the diaz is there and has been prescribed to help you so use it hun xx

dez
24-08-12, 14:36
Thanks Nicola. I'm certainly going to find it hard without it, before the esc kicks in.

nicola1980
24-08-12, 14:51
then don't stop it yet, theres a real stigma against diazepam but like my doctor and physchatrist says if used sensibly and not abused then its fine, ive also been on a daily dose of diaz for a while now due to starting AD's and increasing etc and i will wean off when im strong enough to cope without so in the meantime keep taking them to help you over this difficult period :hugs: xx

meche
24-08-12, 14:57
Don't have any wise words because I've never been on meds but I was prescribed Diazepam once because I was so restless and hadn't slept for days. I was only given a weeks worth because I was told by the doctor that it is highly addictive. It was a god-send in that it relaxed me and I slept but I was spaced out all the time. I did try to get some more because 'I forgot' while I was on them but they refused. Not a bad thing maybe! Anyway just wanted to say good luck. xx