PDA

View Full Version : Any help for me as Iam experiencing bad side sffects

Newcomer
24-08-12, 16:40
Hi, I am new to the site, so I hope I have done this right, I suffer with depression and last Tues, I took 1 20mg Citalopram in the morning, within 2 hours I had bad palpitations and sick feeling and shaking, I decided there and then I could not put up with these feelings so have not taken anymore, I told Dr, who said I should peresevere but I really cant, so its three days now and the feelings are still there but seem to come in waves and I cry alot too, I thought that only taking one tablet of 20mgs would not have had this effect stopping it, can any one say if they know how long it will take for these feelings to go away, I do not want to start again, I would rather be depressed from time to time than suffer all those side effects, anyone with any help or info of experience, I would be very grateful, thankyou, hope to hear from some one

Dizzzie
24-08-12, 17:11
hey there i started citalopram 5 days ago i have had similar feelings dizzy, sgarp pains in breast no sleep still have anxiety dry mouth sometimes feel great but as my doctor said persevere it will take a few weeks to kick in i have been given 2 mg diazipan for the night as that is when anxiety is at its worst it wont make me drowsy just take the edge off hopefully its very scary but i think less scary ithan a panic attack hope your feeling better soon feel free to inbox me x

Fay_elizabeth
24-08-12, 18:34
I think if you're strong and you persevere there is light at the end of the tunnel but it seems to vary from person to person. You should read through the citalopram survival guide if you haven't already, it helped reassure me.

Also, the bad side effects didn't last too long with me, I think its just bad while the medication is working its way into your system.

nippy70
25-08-12, 00:19
Im on my third week...... it passes . Had the palps the dizzy the fatigue the bad tum... it passes and gets better... hang in can take a while for body to accept the cit... xx it does work xx

Dizzzie
25-08-12, 11:06
hang in there im feeling better today not as tired or sick still panicy went to supermarket yesterday which was a bit jittery but got through it have found using a hot water bottle helps at night with anxiety x:)