PDA

View Full Version : hi all, all a little about my years of panic

traciec39
26-07-06, 10:21
i am a new member to this site and thought i would introduce myself.
ive suffered with panic disorder for 12 years. my symptoms have varied so much over the years, it seems as i conquer one another appears. I constantly worry about my health, over the years ive thought i had heart problems, brain tumour, ms etc. ive tried lots of anti depressants and im on prozac at the moment. back in october my dad died in A & E very suddenly and i also got married in march (enough stress to tip anyone overboard), since then i cant get any control over my symptoms. i have a problem with my pupils one doesnt react as quickly as the other,the hospital say its from anti depressants but harmless, however it terrifys me as i can feel it, and i go very hot and sweaty and cant breathe, this can last on and off all day, i also suffer dry eyes and have to put drops in all the time, i wondered if anyone else has this? i have dizzy spells and dont like driving anymore in fact i try not to go out if i can help it! :(
i would dearly love to hear from anyone who has similar problems,
thanx and take care luv tracie x

tcamp

manmoor
26-07-06, 12:46
Hi Tracie,

A big warm welcome to you. We are all here to help each other and it's great to know we are not alone.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

clickaway
26-07-06, 15:12
Welcome along to the forum, Tracie.

You'll find a lot of friendship and support here.

Take care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Will Loynes
26-07-06, 15:17
Hi Tracie,
welcome to NMP, am reallys sorry to hear that you have suffered for so long, Im also sorry to hear about your father.
Many of the symptoms you have described have happened to myself and many others on this site so you are amongst people who genuinly understand. Have a look in the forum called health anxiety, im sure you'll find things that relate to you in there.

Take Care

Will [8D]

nomorepanic
26-07-06, 18:31
Hi Tracie,

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

tracyp584
26-07-06, 19:40
Hey Tracie,

A big welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

trac67
26-07-06, 19:50
Hi Tracie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

polly daydream
26-07-06, 23:42
Hi Tracie and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

Two heads
26-07-06, 23:45
Hi tracie!
Welcome to the forum.
Good luckxxxxxxxx

jenimate
26-07-06, 23:58
Hullo

I'm new here and have found reading the threads has really helped me in the short time I have been here.

Traceyxx

giddy
27-07-06, 10:58
Hi Tracie and welcome to the forum
love Helen

sheena
27-07-06, 12:00
Hi there and welcome. I am a new member as well.

A while back I completly stopped driving and developed a driving phobia. I have forced myself to go out in the car and recently I can manage the doctors and the dentist. I have a great fear of having an accident and getting trapped. I am agoraphobic. In the begining before I tried to get in the car I would think of what ifs and sometimes I would be so anxious that I wouldn't go out. However, I am okay now within a 5 mile radius of my house.

Sheena

SHEENA

Daisybun
27-07-06, 16:48
Hi Tracie and welcome. You'll find lots of help and support here. There are lots of people in the same boat, but you can get better, so don't lose hope, it just takes time

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'