PDA

View Full Version : headache for 3 days??

JoniEdwards
25-08-12, 02:28
So it started with flushed cheeks I had a elevated fever for a couple days. But I dont have any coughing, runny nose, sore throat, I do sneeze alot, mostly at night and headaches that go down the back of my head and neck. I have nausea but mostly all this happens at night I am fine during the day. I am worried something is gravely wrong and I cant stop crying. Can a headache really last 3+days? I am pretty freaked out about it all

Jenanxiety
25-08-12, 03:52
Hi there. First off to answer your question, YES!
Headaches can last a long long time. I have had mine for going on a week now. And I have the worst health anxiety!
Believe me, I had to ask my doctor for bloodwork and a CT scan because thanks to my headache, I automatically thought brain tumor.
To me (not a doctor, but have a lot of experience in being sick)it sounds like you have a virus. Just about a month ago I got a nasty one that lasted for two weeks (severe vertigo, vomiting, and a CONSTANT headache.)
I just did my CT scan this morning and got my results this afternoon, and there was absolutely nothing there. (blood tests were all perfect too)
Viruses can do awful things to the body!
Drinks lots of fluids, and eat soup or jello if you an stomach it.
I'm sure you are perfectly fine.
However if you don't feel better in a couple days it may be best to make a doctors appointment to see if you can get an antibiotic.
Don't worry about being gravely ill, because that truly makes it worse.
Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!