PDA

View Full Version : feel like giving up :(

sazlebazle
25-08-12, 09:49
i feel like im not getting anywhere started on amitriptyline 3 weeks ago to day started on 10mg then 12.5mg then 15mg and the last 3 days on 20mg the first 2 weeks i felt great positive happy etc but i was still getting headaches :( so thats why i went up to 20mg but this week ive felt down headaches everyday and dizzy everyday is a struggle at work and at home and im dreading the kids having to go back to school next week as ill also have to fit in a 20min school drive everyday i really thought that this was going to work for me ..... should i give the 20mg longer in my system or are these not going to work for me any advice appreciated x

BobbyDog
25-08-12, 09:55
I take Amitriptyline and the side effects took 3/4 weeks to wear off when I first started taking it. It did make me dizzy, spaced out, blurred vision and tired. I would give it a little while longer before you throw in the towel. My dose is 50mg and I started on 25mg.

tomcat
25-08-12, 10:02
hi tomcat here:hugs i used to take that med for amuscle relaxent just before i fell asleep, may be try taking it in the evening any thing is worth a try i guess good luck wish you well x

sazlebazle
25-08-12, 10:13
hi thanks for the replies i take mine in the evening around tea time and im in bed for 9 and sleep all night :) but to be honest i never had a problem sleeping anyway lol
its just the heavy head feeling and a weird dizzy feeling during the day and when i get the dizzy feeling i also get a wave of anxiety fingers crossed this time next week ill feel alot better it just seems ive gone backwards these are my last chance as ive tried all the modern ones and they didnt agree with me at all

Dizzzie
25-08-12, 10:49
hey there im on citalopram and trying to get to grips with the side affects ive had dizzyness , the shakes, insomnia,lack of appetite but i spoke to my doctor yesterday after only being on it for 5 days she said it can take up to 6 weeks to become stable on thease meds so i guess try to stick with it keep coming on here i too have 2 small kids and i am a teaching assistant so dreading next week when i have to return to work and kids schedule restarts i have found a hot water bottle helps to relax me hope you r feeling better soon if u ever want to chat im here x:hugs:

sazlebazle
25-08-12, 12:19
i didnt even last that long on citaopram i tried it twice and both times i lasted 3 days i felt like i was dieing i couldnt even answer the door my anxiety was so bad i gave up on them and decided to not take anything im on amitriptyline for daily headaches and the doctor says hopefully it will take the edge of any anxiety i have mine all stems down to the fact i have to drive my son to school otherwise i cant get him there and and i panic everyday that my car will break down ill be ill and he wont be able to go in its weird as he has only had to have 1 day of the last year cause i was ill but i still cant get it out of my head !! i try now to live daily and not worry what will happen but its hard :( i even thought of changing my sons school but decided i couldnt make him un happy cause of something with me so now i struggle everyday but i know its all in my head ........ anyway hopefully im on the way to getting better we will see i just cant handle the dizzy spells.....
sorry for the long reply xxx

Dizzzie
25-08-12, 12:30
The long reply is fine :), is there anyone who could take your son to school if your feeling anxious ?,baby steps i keep telling myself,yesterday i drove for the first time in a week to the shop i managed 30 mins in there so thought that was quite an acheivement so maybe if you do a small drive somewhere u know is not going to be busy road, i got stuck in traffic coming bk from my holiday and had a terrible time so i try to avoid now roads that i can guess will be busy sometimes prevention rather than cure x:hugs:

sazlebazle
26-08-12, 08:11
unfortunately its just me and my son so everything falls on my shoulders driving its self dosent bother me its just i worry about whats going to happen i always have negative thoughts x

Dizzzie
26-08-12, 09:10
good morning sazlebazle how r u this morning ?? i too am single mom so i know how hard this all can be r u seeing any sort of therapist ?? if u dont mind me asking, if you want to pm me about anything feel free its support like this we all need to try to get through itx:hugs:

sazlebazle
26-08-12, 12:17
im having cbt been doing it for about 5 weeks and seems to be making me feel more positive, went to a bbq yesterday and my sons teaching assistant was there and she said about how shy my son is etc so i know ive made the right decision not to move him ive also had my car serviced so done everything i can to stop things happening so i know what ever happens now is out of my control .... feel a little better today still a little bit heady and dizzy but not as bad so fingers crossed its passing x