PDA

View Full Version : just started on citalopram

foggyfoggy
25-08-12, 13:40
started on citalopram 20mg 3 days ago im really struggling at the minute ive not slept for 3 days hardly eaten and constantly feel edgy and a bit paranoid,

ive read a few post on here and i know that these are normal side affects and they should pass but is it worth going to see the doctor again is there anything he can give me to help me sleep?

this is the first time ive ever been on anti depressants so this is all new to me, i was having a really hard and dark time before i finally found the courage to go the doctors but feel like im going a bit downhill since ive been,

any help or advice would be great i just feel a bit alone at the minute and thought talking to people who have been through this could help a bit

thank you

moirascott
25-08-12, 16:19
started on citalopram 20mg 3 days ago im really struggling at the minute ive not slept for 3 days hardly eaten and constantly feel edgy and a bit paranoid,

ive read a few post on here and i know that these are normal side affects and they should pass but is it worth going to see the doctor again is there anything he can give me to help me sleep?

this is the first time ive ever been on anti depressants so this is all new to me, i was having a really hard and dark time before i finally found the courage to go the doctors but feel like im going a bit downhill since ive been,

any help or advice would be great i just feel a bit alone at the minute and thought talking to people who have been through this could help a bit

thank you

Hey

I was the same when I started out on Citalopram .... now I call it my lifesaver.

Whichever AD you are on, you will get side effects. However the side effects are nothing compared to how you will feel once they kick in and the fog has cleared.

I will be totally honest with you, its not an easy road and frankly it does take time, but once you reach the stage of approx 8 to 13 weeks, you will feel that the struggle was worth it.

With regards to your GP giving you something to help you sleep ! all GP's are different.

Personally I would go and speak to your GP and tell them how you feel and ask if there is anything to help you sleep.

I originally took mine in the morning, however approx 2pm I could fall asleep. Now I take mine in the evening. Personally I think its just the medication getting into your system. If you are concerned then please make an appointment and see your GP.

Take your time, and I hope you feel better soon.

Moira

Fay_elizabeth
25-08-12, 17:10
Moira, how was the transition from taking it in the morning to taking it in the evening for you? I find that I too get very sleepy around 2pm and usually have a long nap. I'm considering switching to evening time.

foggyfoggy
25-08-12, 20:36
thanks for your comments moira

Dizzzie
27-08-12, 11:11
hey foggyfoggy i just started 7 days ago fist had usual side effects like nausea,no sleep alittle more panicked, lack of appetite, but yesterday i keep having like a dullache in breast plate area which has scared me to death but i am trying things like having a bath just before bed , taking and cuddling up to hot water bottle listning to paul arruda deep lounge beats through headphones to try to relax me r u trying any other things to help you my doctor did offer diazipan to take the edge off but im a single mom of 2 so decided not hope your feeling better soon keep us posted x