PDA

View Full Version : please help urgent

Elise
26-08-12, 00:02
im really worried that im going to die in my sleep tonight. I'm 17 and worried about my heart. my ecg was fine, as was my heartbeat earlier today... i feel really really REALLY weird at the moment.. usually im panicky .. light headed, adrenaline rushing etc but i just feel like im not here.. i feel really calm yet worried about dying in my sleep. its so strange and sorry if i sound mad but i need some reassurance as i dont know why the hell i keep thinking this and how i can get the thought out of my head! GRR :( really does bring me down :( thanks elise x

casswhite
26-08-12, 00:11
Hiya elise i get that from time to time hun, its yet another effect from panic/ anxiety. Some nights i get a feeling that im going to die in my sleep and other nights i feel all nervous and panicky ( tonight for instance), but we have to stay strong :-) take care and hope you feel better soon :-) x

bottleblond
26-08-12, 00:14
Hi Elise

I used to suffer severe HA in my teens and like you, I worried constantly about dying in my sleep. I was fixated on it amongst other things but I am now 40 years old and am still here. I feel I wasted so many years worrying about what may happen and none of it did.

You're feeling pretty chilled tonight which is a good thing, Don't let the anx tell you something is wrong because I promise you, It's not.

You are fine and you won't die in your sleep. Promise!!.

Lisa
xx
:hugs:

SLjimbo
26-08-12, 01:45
Hi Elise, you're still young, so your chances of actually having a heart attack is ZERO! :yahoo:

It sounds like typical "health anxiety" you're having. I've been through that as well, but through time I've learned that it's only my body playing tricks on me while I'm perfectly healthy. Just make sure you don't fall into the trap of Googling every symptom that pops up.

karenp
29-08-12, 16:07
I suffer terribly with night time anxiety too but never worry about actuallyd ying, just hyperventilating as I have had panic attacks for the past ten years and know they always (ALWAYS repeat) pass and I am 42 and still def here to tell the tale. As everyone's said it's just the anxiety playing tricks on your mind and though I still struggle with night panic, it's very rare I go into a fully blown attack now as you do learn to have better control in time and know anxiety and panic cannot kill you especially at your age!