PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I'm new on here.

spiritgirl
26-08-12, 01:53
:unsure: Been suffering now for 8 months. Originally I was put on tranquilizers and tried to cope with a full on job that meant long hours all week. I am now taking time out to try and sort myself out, rather than always putting others first and burning my self out. I have been on sertraline and propanolol for 5 weeks now. That has been a rollercoaster with side effects! I am finding this all so hard as I was so healthy before all this. In the past I have been able to cope with everything life threw at me, but not now. I feel so unsure and out of control. The doc says I am too hard on myself. Be good to chat and hopefully be there for others too. :)

nomorepanic
26-08-12, 02:04
Hi spiritgirl

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
26-08-12, 02:21
A big warm :welcome: to NMP

Pip xxx

BobbyDog
26-08-12, 06:42
It is probably your body/minds way of telling you to slow down, you have not had time to take care of yourself and attend to your own needs, perhaps you will start to feel a little better now. Hopefully the medication will ease your stress, it can take quite a while before side effects wear away.

:welcome:

Sparkle1984
26-08-12, 11:11
Welcome to the forums. I've had anxiety episodes on and off throughout my life. My current one started 7 weeks ago. It came as a big shock because I had been so happy and relaxed for the previous couple of years.

wayne7
27-08-12, 12:33
Welcome. me Just joined too, I hope you get some help and support from fellow members, new here too with all kinds of anxiety issues.:)

spiritgirl
27-08-12, 14:00
Thanks for your reply. I know I have to slow down, so hard when i have been an express train all my life looking after family etc. Doc says same as you too. Says I am too tough on my self. Have to get my mind and body in sync and really listen to it. I am having a few good days now though no day is panic free. I have found keeping a diary useful to see what triggers the panic attacks and then which relaxation techniques work. I liked your quote too!.

diane07
27-08-12, 15:37
A huge warm :welcome: to NMP.

You'll receive lots of advice here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Check out the articles on the left for advice and post on the forum for support.

Best Wishes

Di x

spiritgirl
27-08-12, 19:52
Hi Di
Thanks for welcome. This is a big step for me into acknowledging the problem and scale of its impact on my life.
I will follow your advice and look at the forums. Could do with some help managing the panic physical symptoms. They seem to come out of the blue.
Spiritgirl

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Hi Sparkle
I did not know till this January I had been having mild panic symptoms/attacks all my life too, but coping. I do find the deep breathing and relaxation yoga at home helpful daily. It is all so tiring though and life comsuming though. It must be hard on you if you have been having attacks all your life. I wish you strength of spirit to get through this hard time. Are you taking meds for this?