PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram Day 6 - Slight improvement

miles200
26-08-12, 08:55
Hey all!

So Day 6 of Citalopram, went to bed at midnight and woke up at 0830 this morning. Pretty sure I slept all the way through and woke up feeling more "awake" than usual! Still have the nausea and anxiety (knot in the stomach) but positive as feeling that awake feeling I haven't felt in a long time.

Let's hope I don't go back down hill again.

Miles x

Dizzzie
26-08-12, 09:05
hey there thats great to hear i am on day 7 of citalopram i too am feeling alot better have an appetite back and slept ok last night hope things go well for u :hugs:

miles200
26-08-12, 11:17
Aw that's good to hear dizzzie :) Thanks!!

Miles

Fay_elizabeth
26-08-12, 11:56
Good to hear you are both feeling a bit better :)

miles200
26-08-12, 12:01
thank you Fay

Miles

holly1
26-08-12, 13:54
Hi Miles
I have been on Cit for 3 months and from my experience you have done the toughest part. You may have the odd bad day from now on but this should be far outweighed by the good ones.
Well done on getting through the first week, it will be worth it!
:)

miles200
26-08-12, 14:14
Hi Miles
I have been on Cit for 3 months and from my experience you have done the toughest part. You may have the odd bad day from now on but this should be far outweighed by the good ones.
Well done on getting through the first week, it will be worth it!
:)

Hey Holly thanks!

Still got the anxiety and felt a bit nauseas earlier. Now feeling tired again but I defintly felt an improvement this morning so just got to keep at it :)

Miles x

MardyBum
26-08-12, 14:19
You posts have made me feel abit more positive about starting cit again...

I tired it in the past but the dr gave me a script for 40mg which I shouldnt have been given... I had horrible side effects so was scared when the dr added cit in with my mirt. I will be starting to take 15mg of cit tonight and feeling a little less scared now thank you miles

Hey Holly thanks!

Still got the anxiety and felt a bit nauseas earlier. Now feeling tired again but I defintly felt an improvement this morning so just got to keep at it :)

Miles x

miles200
26-08-12, 16:41
You posts have made me feel abit more positive about starting cit again...

I tired it in the past but the dr gave me a script for 40mg which I shouldnt have been given... I had horrible side effects so was scared when the dr added cit in with my mirt. I will be starting to take 15mg of cit tonight and feeling a little less scared now thank you miles

Aw that's ok! I'm not feeling a huge improvement yet but this morning was enough to keep me going. It is only day 6 after all. My DR put me on 10mg for now and wanted to see me in 2 weeks from the day I started taking it.

Think she may put me up to 20mg as I think that is the normal dose after your body adjusts to 10mg.

40mg sounds HUGE to go straight on to no wonder you had nasty side effects!!

Good luck, take care.

Miles x

Sparkle1984
26-08-12, 19:30
I'm glad to hear you are having a slight improvement and I hope things continue to get better for you. :hugs:

Dizzzie
27-08-12, 10:52
hey miles how is it going ?? i was coping but had setback today and yesterday not feeling so good ?? x

miles200
27-08-12, 12:29
I'm glad to hear you are having a slight improvement and I hope things continue to get better for you. :hugs:

Thank you Sparkle.

Having a bad day today. But off to get a KFC so that might make me feel better :yesyes:

Miles x

Dizzzie
27-08-12, 12:47
comfort food x

Sparkle1984
27-08-12, 13:55
Yay I love KFC - I haven't had one for quite a while though! If I'm feeling down, I often start to feel a bit better once I've eaten, so hopefully it will be the same for you too.