PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

gingerone
31-05-04, 14:05
i am christina and i had my first bad panic attack last week. it has left me so low and it has scared me. i am 18 and it has effected me and i need help and i am also willing to help people with the same problem. i am 18 and i never knew or dreamed this would happen to me. please help loads of love christina

c j giff

Meg
31-05-04, 15:53
Christina,

Welcome to the site.

None of us knew panic would be part of our lives.

You might like to post again in the introduction section of this forum and tell us a bit about your circumstances.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

nomorepanic
31-05-04, 20:06
Hi Christina

We spoke last night in the chat room.

Gald to see you found your way here so welcome aboard.

You will get loads of help so please ask away.

Nicola

seh1980
31-05-04, 22:16
hi christina,

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time. I had my first panic attack last summer and was terrified so I can sympathise. It a scary experience, isn't it??? All I can say is that things will get better. Whether it's because you actually get better or you just get used to it, I still can't decided!! Are you going to see a doctor? I would suggest seeing someone about it. The sooner you do it, the sooner you can start to do something about it like take medication or try some relaxation tapes.
Let us know how things go!!
Take care.
Sarah (seh1980)

Meg
31-05-04, 22:44
Christine,

Now you know what they are , you will never have such a bad one again. Much of your fear may have been fera of not knowing what was happening to you.

Understanding what they are does help so much. It won't take them away but you need to know and accept that they won't hurt you.

You may find it helpful to read 'first steps' under the introduction section of this forum.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone