PDA

View Full Version : Medication to help combat anxiety related fatigue

richj2k
26-08-12, 16:46
Hi All,

My apologies if I have posted this is the wrong place but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions/experience with regards to medication(ssri?) that could help with my anxiety related fatigue?

I have suffered on and off with anxiety and panic attacks for over six years now with different symptoms coming and going over the years but the past 2 months I have been suffering with really bad fatigue and constantly sleeping all the time as well as my usual anxiety/panic.

Im currently not taking any meds but I have accepted that its now time to go back to the doctors as this is really wiping me out not to mention im now having even worse panic attacks of which I haven't had any for 3 years now! I have tried citalopram which was effective to an extend but it really did kill my sex life(I know this is common :)) and subsequently my relationship I was in.

Is there a med I can try that wont at to my extreme tiredness?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

x

eternally optimistic
26-08-12, 18:29
Hi

I was put on citalopram and not for fatigue but, having been on it for 4 - 6 months, which might sound like a long time to get rid of fatigue, I one day woke up and thought "oh my god, I feel alive again".

My fatigue went on for years and years and years and at the time I didnt realise it was anxiety I was suffering.

I have posted this before but, I thought it was the "normal" busy lives we all lead, home, job, kids etc etc......

Anyway, since taking the citalopram the first time round, my very bad tiredness and flu like symptoms havent returned.

I did mention this to my Doctor a long while after taking my second round of tabs for anxiety and he just said that the nervousness had taken over my body and had just run me into the ground.

I can remember trying, at my worst, doing normal day to day tasks and feeling sooo exhausted.

If like me, you sound like you need to give your body a rest from the anxiety and get back on track - I believe it can be done.

Best wishes for the future.

J

richj2k
27-08-12, 14:14
That's exactly how I feel. So tired to even concentrate doing tasks whilst in the office not to mention not having the energy to even have a social life.

I think ill go back to the doctors and maybe try citalopram again to see if it will help with the fatigue amongst other things.

Thanks for the info.

X

frenchbean
28-08-12, 15:59
Just to add, I also suffered from extreme exhaustion which I now know was anxiety. I started on sertraline a week ago and I already feel much less tired and more energetic.

Good luck! It's hard to believe that such fatigue is 'only' anxiety isn't it? :)