PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty sleeping and staying asleep

ElizabethJane
26-08-12, 22:03
I have just returned from holiday. Unfortunately I suffered some of the sleep problems and paranoia that I have experienced in the past. It did not spoil my holiday however. I had a major row with my OH and he went to sleep in the bunk bed room. I had not taken any sleeping tablets with me as I was so confident that I would not need them. I'm still unable to sleep on my own! I slept with the light on but was awake on and off for four nights! The bedroom reminded me of hospital rooms I have stayed in in the past. The villa also backed onto a golf course and I was worried that someone would climb in through the window. The argument was about something I thought my OH had said about me so I was fairly anxious and upset about it. I also experienced some sort of waking\sleeping hallucination. I could see the the bay that we had been to the previous day but it was in full colour and it looked as if I was going to jump onto the rocks! I shut my eyes (as I have done previously) and the image went away. Now at home I feel more determined to get on top of this again. OH goes away on business a fair bit so I need to be able to sleep on my own again. I'm not sure about the 'paranoia' whether the things that I believe are 'real' to 'true' or not. I know all this 'stuff' is probably a result of not sleeping and I haven't regressed. I hope not. I had done a lot of reading whilst on holiday and some of the images of that were held in my mind. Thanks for not dismissing me as a nutcase. EJ

ElizabethJane
27-08-12, 17:48
Surely someone can relate to this? EJ