PDA

View Full Version : Hell on Earth. Can anyone relate to this symptom?

Ditapage
27-08-12, 04:49
I don't know if its the anxiety but I have a whole range of symptoms that freak me out - none of them are to do with a racing heart, though, so I'm not convinced it's anxiety. I get a head full of pressure (like its building up and might explode and i don't know if it has to do with tense muscles but my shoulders are always up around my ears and i always want to jerk them up and twitch to relieve the pressure) my eyeballs feel like they're going to burst, and I get split second bursts of dizziness that make me feel like I'm going to lose it and i become really aware of lighting. I don't know if these episodes are caused by decreased oxygen to the brain? Also if i doze off to sleep somewhere, I wake up with a horrible, disorientating jolt, like the feeling you get when someone yells "BOO!" but even more intense. I hate falling asleep in the day because i wake up dizzy and sick and sometimes feel paralyzed... can anxiety do all these things?

BobbyDog
27-08-12, 11:04
I can relate to all of those symptoms.

I think that when you get really anxious you shallow breathe, I am talking about myself here, and the brain does not get enough Carbon Dioxide. That is why people will say breathe into a paper bag, you exhale Carbon Dioxide and then breath it back in again, which balances the Oxygen/Carbon Dioxide levels in the blood.