PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day

carolf
27-08-12, 09:02
I have upped my dose a few days ago, I was on 10mg for about 3 weeks and now I have upped it to 15mg, the side effects have got worse again, I am crying all the time again and feeling all anxious agaqin :(. I thought I had got over all this and now I dont know if I feel so rubbish because Ive upped the dose or if that is how I actually feel. I was doing okay before I upped the dose and was starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. :( v fed up, has anyone got any advice?

Sparkle1984
27-08-12, 20:39
Hi, I just noticed no-one had replied to your post. I don't have any personal experience of upping my dose as it's not something I've done, but I have heard that some people do get side effects again if they have to increase their dose. I'd suggest to see how you are in a few days time, and if it doesn't improve go back to the doctors.

TJSMITH
27-08-12, 20:43
Hi There
I am no longer on Cit but i can tell you ncreasing dose defiantely increased SE or anxiety in my case alot so much so i felt back to square one, spoke to 2 different pharmacists at time who said should settle within 2 weeks and it did on each occasion so hang in there xx

carolf
28-08-12, 09:49
thank you, at least I can tell myself that the side effects will only be for a short time. I can count down the days :)

holly1
28-08-12, 13:02
I also increased from 10 to 15 and then on to 20mg. I did get some SEs at each increase but they were less severe and wore off within a week (a couple of days from what I remember).
So I agree with TJSMITH. Hang in there and see if they reduce. It will be worth it if it works!

andreas
28-08-12, 15:10
I had 18 months on Citalopram which was very positive overall. However, like you I did have problems with changing side effects whenever the dose changed up or down. If you stick with it then it does get better after a few days, and most side effects can be reduced with over the counter drugs.

carolf
28-08-12, 16:18
thank you for the advice everyone. This is a brilliant website and has been a complete saviour, it's nice to know that there is a big support network out there of people who have experienced the same thing