PDA

View Full Version : Enrolling at college tomorrow - Animal Care Course , Take Two!

Littlehelper123
27-08-12, 11:17
Hey guys!

So tomorrow I am enrolling on my Animal Care course. If some of you follow my posts you'd know that last september I had to stop my animal care course due to panic and anxiety. In January I managed to enrol onto a short dog grooming course which I passed with a distinction in July ! =)

So now im going back to do level 2 animal care !

A little nervous but this morning when I felt that sense of panic coming over me - rush of thought "i dont know anyone" "what if no one talks to me" "what If I panic"

I suddenly said to my self "shut up you'll make friends eventually!" "you'll settle in sooner or later!"

I couldn't believe I did that lol!

So, I'm going tomorrow, anxiety is coming with me but it's the passenger that's going to give me a boost instead of the boot!

Will let you know how it goes

xx

Sparkle1984
27-08-12, 11:52
That sounds good. When I started at college and university a few years back, I used to get those negative thoughts about not knowing anyone and wondering if anyone would talk to me. I'm a shy person so that made it harder. Anyway, I made it through all my courses successfully, even if I did find it difficult to make new friends.

blue moon
27-08-12, 12:31
Hi...You are going to make lots of friends and have wonderful time at your course.keep the positive and you will be OK.
Love Petra x:yesyes:

marcusmaximus
27-08-12, 17:39
Im enrolling next week excited but I wish my anxciety would leave so I could really focus on it.

amh93
27-08-12, 23:16
I with you guys I start uni soon and I just wish my anxiety would bog off and leave me alone :D. Wish you guys luck x

Littlehelper123
30-08-12, 01:00
Did my enrollment - took me about 20 mins to calm my anxiety but all kf a sudden i took a deep breath and just walked in like it was no big deal - my anxiety is like a rollercoaster! Lol , hoping my induction day next week will be okay!! X

BobbyDog
30-08-12, 06:13
Very well done!!
My son was in the same situation as you last week, he suffers with anxiety, I went with him and the whole process of enrollment takes forever, he left the building at one point, but we got there in the end.
You were so brave to go there on your own and see it through, no flight only fight!!!!!

Anxious_gal
30-08-12, 20:24
Aw well done x

Sparkle1984
30-08-12, 20:48
Did my enrollment - took me about 20 mins to calm my anxiety but all kf a sudden i took a deep breath and just walked in like it was no big deal - my anxiety is like a rollercoaster! Lol , hoping my induction day next week will be okay!! X

Well done! :yesyes: I hope your induction day will go well also.

Littlehelper123
30-08-12, 21:23
Thanks everyone :) slowly bit surely getting there, if i have a wobbly next week i will not give up!! Xx

Zingything
31-08-12, 12:11
Well done, I know you're going to have a fabulous time on the course. :hugs:

marcusmaximus
31-08-12, 13:12
Excellent glad it went well.