PDA

View Full Version : worried about my daughter

madstitcher101
27-08-12, 17:16
My daughter is almost 9 years old. She has a lot of anxieties and worries and has been seeing someone from camhs. As well as her anxieties she is a very finicky eater and won't try any new foods. She's been getting worse with her eating and just lately she just isn't eating very much. She is already very thin and I am very worried about her. She's too young to have any sort of eating disorder and I'm scared that she is going to end up in hospital or even worse die. Friends have advised to ignore it and that she will eat when she is hungry, my mom has advised that we need to take her to the doctors asap. Now I am stressing about taking her to the doctors as well as worrying about her lack of eating.

Anxious_gal
27-08-12, 17:51
Do you watch that show Supernanny!
She's dealth with a few kids who were picky eaters.
I would suggest looking it up, maybe you can watch online.
I'm sure there's a supper nanny website :)

venusbluejeans
27-08-12, 17:52
To be honest maybe it is a good idea to go see your GP with her, even if it is just to go and get some advice and to put you mind at rest.

probably something she is just going to grow out of, but there is no harm in going to ask.

Hope you get it sorted.

Sparkle1984
27-08-12, 17:59
When I was 8 years old, I was just like your daughter and I remember my parents were worried abut me. I was always a very picky eater, but when I was about 7 or 8 years old I went through a phase where I was very thin. It's awful to look back at photos of myself from that time, as my arms and legs were really bony. I didn't eat all my school lunch and I remember I went through a phase where all I would eat for tea was Yorkshire puddings and gravy! (No vegetables, no meat, just the Yorkshires and gravy). Eventually my appetite improved by itself and I began to eat more. I would still suggest going to the doctor if you're worried though.