PDA

View Full Version : Shopping centre

Gossipgirlnyc
27-08-12, 19:48
Hi everyone
I finished cbt in June and I can honestly say this is the best I've felt in a long time I only tend to feel really anxious during one week of the month however I'm facing one of my biggest challenges tomorrow and I'm worried! Tomorrow some of my family and I are going to a big shopping centre for a day out. I generally feel anxious when I go because it's enclosed big and quite overwhelming. I last went in may which was good because prior to this I had not been for 2 years but we only stayed for a little while whereas this time we are going to be staying for the whole day and having a meal while we are there. Everyone is really looking forward to it snd I know I should be too but I'm worried about embarrassing myself and setting myself back from the progress I've made. Really don't want to go but I know that this is not an option
Think I will just go through my cbt stuff snd try to stop thinking about it!
Any advice
:)

BobbyDog
27-08-12, 19:56
If you start to feel overwhelmed, excuse yourself, go outside, get some fresh air and practice your relaxed breathing techniques, until you feel calm.

oh no_1
27-08-12, 20:38
hope u manage to do it. i believe and have faith in you.

ammiemum
28-08-12, 04:02
i hope all goes well - do you have a 'safe place /relaxing 'thing', that you can do while getting a breather ?
- i found mine helped enormously, when i had to go to divorce court recently. the imagery/ safe place and carrying a prop.[ in my case, a bottle of water]. Hey it works for me in stressful times and that sure was...