PDA

View Full Version : Reflexology

Tessie28
31-05-04, 14:27
hi,
anyone ever tried reflexology for panic/anxiety[?]. It sounds like it could help.

love Tess

twister
31-05-04, 15:38
i had a general one and it is really relaxing and nice...

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

jenkey
31-05-04, 16:48
hi Tess,
I've had quite a bit of reflexology for panic attacks and it has helped me a lot - it has not got rid of them altogether but definativly worth a try - also very relaxing generally and certainly can't do you any harm.
Take care,
Jenny x

sadie
31-05-04, 18:13
Hi Tess,

I have had reflexology last year for migraines but it definetly helped relax my whole body...I felt like I could just go to sleep afterwards.

Its definetly worth a go.

sadie

Tessie28
31-05-04, 18:43
Thanks girls,
I think I will give it a go while I have the time,
love Tess

diana
31-05-04, 20:49
Hi All,

Sounds like a great idea.

Tess let me know how it goes for ya.

Take care,

Diana xxx

stimpy
01-06-04, 00:52
I like the sound of that.
I think I might have a go too

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Tessie28
01-06-04, 12:50
Hi girls,
have made an appointment for tomorrow morning so will let you know how it goes.
love tess

jo-jo
02-06-04, 12:10
Hi everyone

Thinking about reflexology too - tess - it would be great if you let us know how your session went

Good luck and enjoy the pampering

Jo xx

sarah
02-06-04, 13:37
Hiya Tess

How did it go today?

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

diana
03-06-04, 13:57
Hiya Tess,

Just wanted to know how it went for ya.

Post to let us know. :)

Take care,

Diana

Tessie28
03-06-04, 14:35
Hi everyone,
it went well yesterday inspite of my 'doomhead' which had been hanging around for days. Meg pepped me up with an email yesterday and I think the reflexology did me good [should know more after 2 days apparantly]. Nearly chickened out as I was in such a state - glad i didn't:). Didn't sleep any better but was more relaxed in bed.

Today [touch wood] I have been great. Walked all the way around our village in the sunshine, wrote birthday cards out and posted them and then wrote another three reports [halfway there:D]. Yesterday I wouldn't have been able to do half that.
Now busy thinking about the plaster coming off [8 days:D:D] and if I am up to going away that weekend - which is what my doc advised me to do before i go back to school the week after. What do you think[?] We'd be staying at a familiar hotel in Swanage so not too strange and the sea air could do me good. Plus I've still got another reflexology before then. [^]

hope everyone is having a good day,
love Tessxx

diana
03-06-04, 14:49
Hiya Tess,

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

I am so happy to hear that the reflexology session went well. I am off to make an appointment now. :)

Well done you for not chickening out.

You should certainly go on holiday after the plaster comes off, you have earned it. :)

Sounds like you are well on your way to recovery dear.

Post to let us know how you are doing and your progresses with Reflexology.

Also let us know how your weekend away goes.

Take care,

Diana xxx

jo-jo
03-06-04, 18:47
Hi Tess

I'm so glad that your reflexology session went well - sounds like it could be just what you needed.

I hope you do manage to get away for that weekend break, I'm sure it will do you the world of good, especially as its somewhere familiar, and you certainly deserve the break.

Love, Jo xxx

sarah
03-06-04, 18:55
Hiya Tess

Glad it all went good for you. Sounds great for relaxation!

I agree with Diana and Jo, I think you should go on the break to Swanage. Sea air always makes me feel better, I sleep better and feel happier. You definately deserve a rest!!!

love Sarah
xx

Tessie28
03-06-04, 19:13
Thanks girls :)
I think I will be okay going away - I didn't think that yesterday!! The thing is you never know how you will feel from one day to the next [as you know] but I guess as it somewhere really familiar it will be easier to manage.
Hope everyone is having a good day. My chaps have gone to see Troy tonight so I have ordered Calendar Girls from the box office as my little treat :D
Thanks as always for your support
love Tess
ps I'm going to buy some of that rescue remedy tomorrow[^]

sarah
03-06-04, 19:16
Hi Tess

I saw Troy yesterday...hmmm Brad Pitt isnt my fave but the sight of him in a skirt was extremely yummy he's got a gorgeous bod even if his face is a little too pretty....lol
Enjoy your movie and your holiday!!!

love Sarah
xx

diana
05-06-04, 19:40
Hiya Tess,

Well done you for deciding to go away. It will be a much deserved rest for you. ;)

Post afterwards to let us know how it all goes.

Here`s wishing you a GREAT time dear. ;-D

By the way how was Calendar Girls? I`ve been wanting to get the time to sit down and watch it myself.

Take care dear.

Love, Diana xoxoxo

Tessie28
05-06-04, 19:56
Hi Diana,
since I decided to go I've had a bad day [bit better today] and so haven't booked anything yet. Hubby is worried I won't be able to go through with it and that if my sleep is as bad once the cast has come off [next Friday :D:D] that I won't be able to enjoy it. So keeping open minds for now, but want to so fingers crossed.

Calandar Girls. Well I'm sure it was a good film but Brain of Britain here had forgotten it started with someone dying of cancer!! Silly me not ideal viewing for an evening on my own with the level of anxiety I had been having and having lost both my parents to it. Otherwise it was fine:D Am I for real!!!!
love Tessx

diana
07-06-04, 20:28
Oh Tess!!!!!

Glad you are feeling better today.

That`s right dear, just keep an open mind.

You really deserve this, you and your hubby. So try to make every effort dear.

You know we are here for you. ;)

I will keep my fingers crossed for you too.

Goodness Gracious!!!! I agree Tess, not a good film for you to watch on your own. Given your own personal experiences.

Sorry you had to relive that through the Calendar Girls. :(

Yes!!!! You are quite real. LOL......... :-D

Take care sweetie,

Diana xxx

Tessie28
07-06-04, 21:34
Hi Diana,
today has been a good one and we have booked to go away next weekend :D[8D]:D.
Take care,
love Tessxx

diana
08-06-04, 18:17
Hiya Tess,

Great news!!!!!

Where are you off to this time?????

So glad to hear you are having a good day.

You are on a roll now!!!!!! ;)

Take care.

Love Diana xxx

Tessie28
09-06-04, 10:22
Hi Diana,
thanks for the email yesterday. Keep your chin up there. Oh and no we don't have noisy cicadas in England :). hope I am on a roll. Off to have my next reflexology later.

We are going to Swanage which is a little seaside town on the south coast and a bit like steping back in time :D. We have been going to the same hotel for 17 years now [for short breaks etc].

Love Tessxx
ps only 47 and a half hours to go:D:D:D

jo-jo
09-06-04, 18:14
Hiya Tess

Just to wish you good luck for your break, Swanage sounds really lovely and I bet you'll feel great in the sea air. How fantastic to have found a hotel that you like so much you keep going back to it - at least you know you can relax. Let us know how you get on - have fun!

Jo xx

Tessie28
10-06-04, 21:27
Hi Jo,

looking forward to the break - going Saturday. also looking forward to tomorrow morning when my plaster cast comes off my arm:D:D.

How are you today Jo?

love Tess

jo-jo
11-06-04, 14:27
Hi Tess

Doing very well at the moment - currently taking Prozac, having acupuncture and now psychotherapy too - something's got to work soon! Only 1 panic attack so far this week which is good as they were every day at one point.

Have a lovely, fab, great time!

Love Jo xx

diana
11-06-04, 21:38
Hiya Tess,

I`m trying to keep my chin up Tess, I really am. LOL...... ;-D

Lucky you all. No Cicadas ey???? They are so very annoying not to mention just plain ol 'UGLY'!!!!! LOL.......... ;-D

I`m sure you are on a roll dear. ;)

Swanage sounds absolutely lovely. Sounds like something I would enjoy and appreciate. :)

WOW!!!!! 17 years ey? Awesome.

Is it very far from your home?

Keep us updated on the reflexology, and how it is working for you.

Take care dear, and have a great time. :)

Jo.............

Glad to hear things are going well for you at the moment. :)

You just hang in there, things will work out just fine. ;)

Good News!!!!!

Only 1 PA this week. Great progress. ;)

Take care all.

Hoping everyone is having a good day.

Love Diana xxx

Tessie28
11-06-04, 21:51
Well done Diana and I've never seen one just heard them [cicada that is]. Swanage is about 2 and a half hours from here depending on traffic. All packed now and alien arm being a little more co-operative!

Jo, I take Prozac and think they are great. Doc wanted me to try beta blockers again [as well bp meds etc.] yesterday but didn't go for it and he is putting me forward for cbt assessment at least - could be a while on the NHS but at least I was sure about what I wanted.
Now taking alien arm to bed.[:I]
you all take care and behave yourselves while I am in sunny Swanage,
love Tessxxxxxxx

diana
11-06-04, 22:57
Tess,

LOL................ :-D

You are not missing anything that is for sure. I mean with not seeing a Cicada. ;)

So not too far to paradise ey? Even better. ;)

Keep us posted on the CBT assessment.

Good on you making your mind up as to what you wanted to do for yourself.

Great accomplishment!!!!!!

Good to hear the "ALIEN" arm is cooperating with you atleast. :)

We will all behave and take care of ourselves whilst you are in sunny Swanage.

Would`nt want you to come back to hear of our misbehaving after such a lovely holiday now would we????? LOL.......... :-D

You take care dear and have a grand time.

Post when you get back to let us know how it goes.

Lot`s of Love your way. ;)

Diana xxx