PDA

View Full Version : Small lump inside cheek

AaronB
28-08-12, 08:24
Hi Guys,

I've just been researching what they are, as I assume they are salivary glands, but can't pinpoint the exact location to get an answer.

I have a small lump, like a small raised part on the inside of my cheek. It is basically in the middle between my ear and my chin, and in line with my top row of teeth.

I have the exact same thing on the other side, almost perfectly symmetrical, so I'm sure they are supposed to be there.

However, last night I noticed that the one on the right had swollen, I could feel it with my tongue, and it has become slightly red with a greyish top to it.

I'm obviously now going through my mental check list of cancers, other illnesses etc, as a lot of us do :(

So has anyone had this before? I'm chewing on a Tyrozet at the moment to see if that reduces the swelling and stops it looking so angry!

Jamesk
28-08-12, 09:07
I get this often and assume it to be my salivary gland - the right hand one for me often swells up. I think it gets a little infection as I sometime catch it between my back teeth when chewing.

Nothing at all to worry about I am sur, but ask your Doc if you are concerned. They get used to you, I went to see mine last week with a very worrying looking mole on my neck "Nope perfectly ordinary little skin tag" he said "just like to ones I have here and here and here....." :blush: