PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex - is this normal?

dez
28-08-12, 12:37
Today is day 14 on cipralex and I'm really dizzy and fatigued. Is this normal? I'm finding it hard to walk more than 10 yards or so without being dizzy and when I bend down and get back up I'm having rushes to my brain that make me totally dizzy and light headed. Help!

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

I'm also totally feeling freaked out today as well. Spacey. Don't like this at all.

Jmac
29-08-12, 01:50
Hey Dez,

keep in mind that anxiety can also cause one to feel dizzy and spacey. That's how I was when I started Cipralex over a year ago. I didn't have too many side effects - a day or so of upset tummy and minor headaches periodically but the worst for me was a slight increase in my anxiety level over the course of the first couple of months on and off. I took it very slowly, tapering up from 2.5 mg per day to 10mg per day over the first 5 weeks. That helped a lot. If things are working, you should notice that although the anxiety may still be there, it's easier to handle. Eventually, you'll notice that you have more good times / days that bad and then you're home free.

I feel great and know that for me, Cipralex was absolutely the right choice.

Take care, hang in there and keep in touch as you move toward recovery!