PDA

View Full Version : someone please help me

Iggy131313
28-08-12, 11:07
ok guys, I really need some advice here, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO...

6 weeks on 20mg citalopram

first 4 weeks pure unbearable hell, anxiety like I have NEVER felt before constant crying if I could (sometimes the anxiety was too high to allow me to feel enough to cry) severe agitation, severe confusion, depersonalisation, sweating buckets teeth clenching fear and dread.

weeks 5 and 6 - moderate anxiety but still worse than I have EVER felt off meds, constant crying and desperation, less confusion and deperonalisation, increase in headaches terrible depression (which I have never suffered from in my life)

so Dr Nasty told me to come off the meds and she would put me on something else but Im too scared and Ive heard that they can take longer than that to work so agreed to cut down to 10mg

week 7 on 10mg - anxiety alot better - prob mild but still coming on for NO REASON at all, milder agitation but still there, still getting zings of pain in my brain and occasional brain heat happening in various areas on my brain. Still very depressed and crying at anything, only feel safe when Im in the bedroom alone.

But Im so scared that this anxiety is now MY LEARNED anxiety that cit has taught me to expect and to fear. I know the gp wants me to come off and try something else but I cant put myself through this again, I really cant, not when my origional complaint was so mild being 1 panic attack every couple of years.

So what do I do next? should I cut down to 5mg a day and see if my anxiety gets better still therefore I should know if its the cit still in my system making me feel like this and then stop altogether and try to deal with my anxiety through cbt

Or should I continue to take the 10mg for another week or so and see if I improve?

Or should I start taking 20 again now Ive had a week of 10?

The dr is no help at all and Im so confused and lost and I dont know what to do for the best,

Is the anxiety the cit? Is it mine? and ALSO to top it all off I have been bleeding from my backside for the past week, its fresh red blood and I have no discomfort but I wonder if thats the cit aswell?

The side effects I think Im still getting are

1) constant peeing
2) shaking arms and legs
3) raised anxiety
4) episodes of very low mood and inconsolable crying
5) clenched teeth
6) swaeting
7) agitation
8) fast strong heartbeat
9) sparadic shooting pains in my head - they dont last is just a BANG pain and then gone - sometmes once sometimes a few times in a row

what does all this mean? does it mean the drug is still trying to work? does it mean that my body just isnt accepting it>

someone please please advice me, its been so lomng and Im so lost I feel like I will never be myself again and I have my little boy to be there for, I dont know where to turn or what to do

Caroline

Mirthrill
29-08-12, 00:01
I somewhat also have this head hurting issue as well as feeling pain in my chest, and usually
The upper left part, which drives me crazy.. I am not on medication, but i do suffer from anxiety, this is becoming a worrying problem and i dont know what to do

Jmac
29-08-12, 01:33
Iggy,

Are you saying that you were prescribed Citalopram due to having 1 panic attack every few years? Why did you go to the doc in the first place when you were put on the med?

andreas
29-08-12, 09:05
I definitely had some of those problems to start with, a couple remained throughout the course of medication but eventually the benefits far outweighed the risks. A lot of your anxiety, low mood symptoms sound like general symptoms of depression - possibly why you were put on the medication to start with.

You have to remember it won't miraculously make you feel brilliant, it is just to help gradually stabilise your mood to make therapy more effective. I think it did take me 2-3 months to really get the full benefit from it, which combined with therapy got me on the road to recovery.

Iggy131313
29-08-12, 11:57
Iggy,

Are you saying that you were prescribed Citalopram due to having 1 panic attack every few years? Why did you go to the doc in the first place when you were put on the med?

Good point and its now something I regret, alot! It was a big panic attck I grant you that but I have now resolved the reason behind the panic attack and given myself ways to deal with it if I ever have one again. I was a fool. But now...after 8 weeks of the owrst anxiety and now depression of my life Im worried that when I stop taking these horrific tablets I have trained my body and mind to expect and fear anxiety.

I truly believe citalopram has done me alot of harm and no good at all and made matters 1000000% worse

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

I definitely had some of those problems to start with, a couple remained throughout the course of medication but eventually the benefits far outweighed the risks. A lot of your anxiety, low mood symptoms sound like general symptoms of depression - possibly why you were put on the medication to start with.

You have to remember it won't miraculously make you feel brilliant, it is just to help gradually stabilise your mood to make therapy more effective. I think it did take me 2-3 months to really get the full benefit from it, which combined with therapy got me on the road to recovery.

But this is the issue, I was not depressed before taking these tablets, quite the oppositre, I was really happy, chirppy and content. I had 1 big panic attack and went running to the doctors, I wish the dr had told me to go away for a week and think about taking such drastic action. and I know it wouldnt miraculously make me feel better, it has miraculously made me feel worse, worse than I have ever felt in my life..before this panic attack I was working full time - love my job, having a wonderful home life and enjoying the prospect of my son starting school in september and more than that looking forward to my mum coming to visit on the friday (this was the monday) I stupidly thought citalopram was just something that you could take with no consequence that would stop me having the odd panic attack I was having. No other anxiety or depression symptoms. Not like now.

Its being on the cit that has driven me into depression because I feel like my whole happy and content life has been ripped away from me

andreas
29-08-12, 15:21
Sorry, I made assumptions! Sounds like an appointment with your doc ASAP is the best way to go. I understand there are other medications available for anxiety which perhaps could suit you better.

Iggy131313
29-08-12, 15:45
thanks andreas x

yes I think ive given this one enough time.