PDA

View Full Version : Been to the doctor still anxious

gordie1
28-08-12, 11:17
Hi there I went to the doctor and he thinks I have pulled an intercostal muscle in my chest but it woke me up never heard of that before but he listened to my heart and lungs and ruled out PE or MI but I am dememting myself thinking what if he has made a mistake!! I am still getting sharp pains there but worried are intercostal muscle pulls sore? And does the pain come and go how can I put it out of my mind that is something less serious? Btw I walked into town and back (3 miles) would I have been able to do that with a PE or MI?

shelgalou
28-08-12, 17:18
Hi there I think he thinks you have costochondritus , my brother had this recently , I don't think you would have been able to do that walk if it was something more serious x

Annie0904
28-08-12, 17:21
I think you should trust your doctor if he has checked your heart and lungs. I know that is hard to do when you are anxious and I worry about any pains myself but if I mention it to my doctor I am reassured. Any muscle pain can be very painful especially if you are turning in your sleep it would wake you up. I hope this helps you :hugs:

tiredOfOcd
28-08-12, 17:48
I've done this wrestling. Don't worry about your heart. Tearing up the soft stuff between your ribs HURTS.

I coughed and after collapsing from the pain.