PDA

View Full Version : Humid and asthma

Wenjoy
27-07-06, 07:46
Hi there - Well the thunderstorms in dorset did nothing at all to the heat and humidity - if anything its even worse and I feel awful this morning - tired, dizzy,faint and asthma bad - and to make things worse they reckon august will be even hotter - 4O degrees - if thats the case then I will quit work and job hunt in the autumn - I honestly dont know how Ive coped these last few weeks - I do a lot of crying and lying down before and after work¬!!

Hope all of you out there are coping better than me!!!
Love wenjoy x

jackie
27-07-06, 11:16
wnejoy my wee three year old has asthma and boy is he suffering at the minute and im so struggling to hear him this breathless with the weather,

take care

jackie

Juliamidlands
27-07-06, 11:19
Ah poor you hun sounds like you are going through it bad at the moment!
If you did plan to quit work and look again in the autumn then that is a better time of year to look for work- the employment market always seems to pick up again when the summer is over.

Hope you feel better soon hun.

I personally love this weather and am dreading winter!

Julia x

'Never be afraid to try- remember, amateurs buit the Ark...professionals built the Titanic'

Quirky
27-07-06, 12:05
Hi Wenjoy,

I am so with you on this one. We had a storm here last night and it's 10 times worse today. It's so humid and there is no air and it's still so damn hot, I really can't take much more of it either. I have been sat here most afternoons with curtains puilled and fans on for weeks now.
I get asthma too and my breathing has been so bad although my doctor always says my chest is clear when she listens and my peak flow is fine. I do get allergies and hyperventilation and costochondritis which all making breathing hard without this weather.
Nooooo please tell me the 40 degrees bit isn't true, I felt sure this would be the last heatwave this year! Roll on winter! If this carries on I am buying an air con machine!
Sorry to moan but wanted you to know you're not alone.

Take care,

Lisa

polly daydream
27-07-06, 13:13
Hi Wenjoy, it's horrible isn't it, we to have had storms down here in Sussex and it hasn't even touched the sides. Never mind hun it will soon be winter again. Keep your chin up and hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Polly x

scoobygirl2005
27-07-06, 13:23
All I say is roll on the winter! Its way too hot and can't wait for some cool breezy air! :D

Scooby2005
x x

Lindalou64
27-07-06, 14:38
HI IM FROM USAWEATHER HERE IS UNBELIEVABLE HOT HUMID AND HAZY I HAVE ASTHMA AND I CLEAN HOUSES FOR WORK IT REALLY BOTHERS ME AT NIGHT WHEN I GO TO SLEEP I FIND IT HARD TO BREATH ALL WE CAN HOPE FOR IS THIS HEAT WAVE EVERY WHERE IN THE WORLD TO BREAK...JUST STAY IN COOL PLACE COLD RAG ON YA NECK AND SIT IN FAN OR IF YA HAVE AN AC...HEARD NOT TO MANY PEOPLE IN THE UK HAVE AC"S I THINK ITS TIME YAS GET UM....JUST A THOT HOPE YA FEEL BETTER IM STRUGGALIN RIGHT NOW FOR A GOOD BREATH.............LINDA

Wenjoy
27-07-06, 16:45
Bless you all for your kind messages. Just got in from work - almost fainted this afternoon and walked home and just had a shower and another pint of water - please please let it break tonight or Im just gonna die................... I know that sounds so melodramatic but I really cant cope much more with this heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay cool all ofyou and I will try to as well xxxxxxxxxxxxlove wenjoy xxx

marie ross
28-07-06, 00:05
Hi Wenjoy,

Really feel for you, i feel like jacking it in at the moment, but i'm taking each day as it comes. Every morning i hate going into work because i know it's going to be so hot and humid but i know that if i've survived this heat so far i'm going to be ok, and so will you.

I've got a photo that i took in winter of a snowman that me and my daughter made with her friends (pinned on the wall at work), and everytime the heat gets to me and i feel dizzy i just look at it and smile, i know this heat won't last forever (this is England!!!), just try and get through it, you've done really well so far, don't let it beat you!!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX

Dave777
28-07-06, 02:44
Hiya, we had a thunderstorm here in Essex, not very much rain.
Still VERY humid, ....... It's woken me up..... 2.40am !![8)][Ugh]

Davexxxxx