PDA

View Full Version : Stupid SA :(

electrical_stormgirl
28-08-12, 12:59
I used to volunteer at a local wildlife hospital on a Saturday night. I'd just started my shifts again (every other Saturday) but had to cancel on Saturday as I'd been getting really anxious about it. I'm so annoyed and sad but I think I'll have to give it up or I'll just be causing myself anxiety every fortnight and letting people down. Sorry, just wanted to vent. I feel too silly to tell anyone my reason for giving it up :weep:

BobbyDog
28-08-12, 14:04
I can completely relate to everything you have said as I also have SA.
I gave up my driving lessons 2 weeks before my test and now I can not see myself getting behind the wheel of a vehicle again.
What I am trying to say is, it is the fight or flight response and you and I chose flight.
If you give it up now, will you ever be able to take part in a social event again?
I would try and go if at all possible, you will regret it if you don't; and what a wonderful and rewarding job you would be giving up.

busybee09
28-08-12, 21:13
Aw sounds like you were doing a good job, i know what this feels like i have quit a few jobs because of SA and my anxiety . sucks doesnt it :(
But you should try and go again :D x

electrical_stormgirl
29-08-12, 13:09
Thanks guys. I've told them I'll be there for my next shift so I've got about a week to decide what to do. :unsure: I'm really torn because I don't want to be a quitter but at the same time I don't want to keep waking up with a feeling of dread. Maybe I'm just not ready to go back yet.... Going to have a long hard think. Such a ridiculous thing to suffer from isn't it?! :blush:

spuder
29-08-12, 13:31
whats SA sorry for sounding thick

electrical_stormgirl
29-08-12, 14:33
Social Anxiety- getting really nervous and anxious about seeing people for no real reason ;)

johnielov
30-08-12, 09:12
I think you just go back there if your ready again to volunteer. Just don't force yourself if you know that there is something wrong it'll just mess you up. Fix yourself first. God bless.:bighug1: