PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight, stomach problems, etc

Ventussi
28-08-12, 16:17
Ok, let's begin...

In January, me and almost my whole family, were infected by the stomach flu. Before it my weight was ca. 75 kg. After it, it dropped to 70-71 kg.

In March, I caught a bad throat infection and used antibiotics. It dropped to 69-70 kg.

In April, I still couldn't get out of the throat problems and I'd been prescribed another antibiotic, which helped this time, but my intestines weren't happy because of it - diarrhea 4-5 times a day. This was cured with probiotics after about 2 weeks, but I lost another 2 kg - so it was 67-68 kg.

Now, I'm having problems with indigestion, reflux, IBS and because all of it, my weight is now 65 kg... probably because of them.

My doctor told me to do helicobacter pylori test, which I'm going to do tomorrow.

Weight is the problem. I'm a 23 year old male, 182 cm, 65 kg. I'm pretty skinny. I don't know why I am losing weight and I'm so scared :( Black thoughts are in my head - some kind of cancer, which I don't know about yet, but when I know, it'll be too late, maybe something serious with intestines... I don't know. I don't know if I eat properly:
breakfast: 3 slices of white bread/2 slices and a bun with various things, sometimes fried eggs, sometimes a wiener
dinner: soup, 2nd dish is usually: mashed potatoes/rice, a portion of meat in vaious shapes, some vegetables
supper: usually the same as breakfast
Sometimes some kind of snack in between, like various fruits, etc. I don't drink milk because of lactose intolerance. I eat yellow cheese instead, it doesn't hurt me.

Is it a proper diet for me or not? Maybe I eat too little... geez, i don't know. I can't eat too much, because my IBS doesn't like it.

Could anxiety be a cause of this weight loss? I've had it since April or so.

Mr Brownstone
28-08-12, 18:45
The only thing I can say on the issue is that you've been unwell 2 or 3 times in quick succession. Its more than likely to still be related to this rather than anything else thats undiscovered