PDA

View Full Version : omg pls pls help

shelgalou
28-08-12, 16:33
Hi , I have noticed for a little while that sometimes when I take a deep breath my throat makes a wheezing sound this is when I inhale . This has been worrying me an awful lot and I have been overbreathing to test it a lot . I thought or hoped this may be due to reflux but I have just read that wheezing is the first sign of lc , please try and help me xx

nomorepanic
28-08-12, 16:38
Mine does that sometimes but then I am an asthma sufferer.

shelgalou
28-08-12, 16:40
Thankyou but I don't have asthma

nomorepanic
28-08-12, 16:52
You could pop and ask the doc who can listen to your chest etc

shelgalou
28-08-12, 17:54
I know I am just terrified of the worst if I do I was hoping that somebody could help me if they have experienced anything similar. I know I am stupid and should just go to the drs and I will but I would like some ideas and help now

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

I also have a feeling of mucas in my throat and a slightly strange taste / feeling

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Anyone else ? Is it really serious then ?

Louise36
28-08-12, 22:31
How old are you and do you smoke??? Chances are this is nothing serious. I have been plagued with swallowing issues recently and sometimes it feels like my lungs are aching. I have thought of lc but realistically, I would be extremely unlucky to get that considering I'm in my 30s and don't smoke... It's much more likely to be nothing, a respiratory infection, allergies, post nasal drip.....

shelgalou
28-08-12, 23:10
Hi thankyou for answering I am 29 and I am afraid to say I do , it is occasional and I wonder if its due to me testing all the time making it worse , I am so scared I am wondering about reflux as I have a few symptoms I bought some ranatidine today to give that a go x

justina
30-08-12, 14:11
Hi , I have noticed for a little while that sometimes when I take a deep breath my throat makes a wheezing sound this is when I inhale . This has been worrying me an awful lot and I have been overbreathing to test it a lot . I thought or hoped this may be due to reflux but I have just read that wheezing is the first sign of lc , please try and help me xx

I worried about lung cancer a few years ago and I had the same wheezing sound. I was so sure it was lung cancer. I even had a chest scan and everything was fine. After that I have noticed that the wheezing sound comes back sometimes. Maybe sometimes there is just more mucus in the chest and that's what makes the sound!

shelgalou
30-08-12, 18:06
Thank you I have been taking some indigestion pills which has seemed to help a bit x