PDA

View Full Version : why wont it let up

tricia56
28-08-12, 16:55
sorry if this a long post but just feel i have to talk to some one who understands anxiety. ive had gad h/a for 4yrs everyday i wake up anxiouse and start worring over anything like i seem to question every thought and feeling and cant seem to stop it , i try the self talk bit the distraction i do the relaxation but it dont help i m not on meds iim to scared to take any kind. im doing a cbt course at the moment but that doesnt seem to help me it feels that since ive started doing cbt its made me worse as i feel she is not helping me as i told her i struglle with challeneging my thoughts as i dont know how to do it like wat to say to challenging them but she doesnt seem to understand me . also the last time i saw her i mentioned i struggle with the loneliness as im divorced and dont have any friends i could talk to only my children but they dont really understand so i cant talk to them, she asked if i had a male friend which i i said i did but havent seen him for a about 3yrs because of my anxiety ,and my self astteem as my hair needs dyeing but im too scared to dye it for fear of a allergic reaction ,but i do chat to him by fone or email and that he knows about my anxiety and still would like to meet up again for a coffee and her reply was i need to get alife and to dye my hair and arrange for him to come to my home for coffee surly that isnt a part of doing cbt (or am i wrong) but because i havent done wat she has said ive got my self worked up over it and that when i go mon she will tell me im not helping myself and that ishe will just wash her hands with me .AM I DOING EVERYTHING WRONG. and feeding my anxiety all the time or is it because imnot exepting the anxiety because i dont know how to so if any one can give me any advice on how or what to i would be very gratefull thk you

Annie0904
28-08-12, 17:32
I have been to more than one counselor for CBT and my second one is much better than the first. I can understand what yours is trying to say but maybe hasn't said it in the best way. I got a mobile hairdresser to come to the house to dye my hair and she did a patch test first to make sure I would not have an allergic reaction. Maybe that is something you could do to help build your self esteem. I know it isn't easy to make these steps when you feel so anxious but it does help make you feel better if you can make that step. :hugs: