PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Citalopram please

Sharon66
28-08-12, 18:51
Hello all its my first time on the site so here goes.

Approx 7 weeks ago I was informed I required major surgery which was completed 2 weeks ago (hysterectomy). From the news I went into total meltdown which resulted in me being prescribed Citalopram 20mg. I have now taken 39 tablets (how sad am I counting). I still feel down and anxious and was wondering how long it takes for the meds to work. This is the first time I have taken medication so any advice would be great.:)

Thanks
Sharon

nomorepanic
28-08-12, 19:01
Hi Sharon66

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

poppy63
28-08-12, 20:47
same here i have been on them for 3 months and they havent worked. i went back to my G.P this morning and he has prescribed cipralex alot of people say they are the same but i have been on both in the past and cipralex are by far the best :)

little scientist
29-08-12, 11:08
My understanding is that cipralex is a slightly different form of citalopram - kind of a purer form I think :)

Sharon66
30-08-12, 17:41
Thank you for the replys feel a little better in myself over the past couple of days. I'm back at the GPs tomorrow so will see what he has to say. Many thanks