PDA

View Full Version : tryiing to get better just made me worse!!

lindajane1971
28-08-12, 19:31
Hi everyone!

I tried to do something today and instead of feeling better i feel worse :(
Exercise is good for anxiety i have been told so i dragged my sister out for a walk today....
A local hill near us has a good walk up it so we tried it out. I had barely been walking 5 minutes when i started to feel awful, felt like my legs were not there, or like they were weak and i had the feeling like the ground was moving slightly when i was walking.
It was not like i am badly out of shape but i felt like i was just going to collapse.
I pushed on, sipped water, took in the view but couldn't take it anymore and turned back, so it was only 45 minutes in total.
Getting back to the car, we stopped to look at the map and then "whoosh" feeling like the ground had dropped and the horrible adrenaline thing across my chest (like someone jumped out and scared you) and then dizziness.
It lasted 5 seconds or so, but really panicked me :(

I thought that the walk would've walked out any adrenaline or anxiety that was there but instead it just made me feel worse and now i am back to square one.

some pictures from my walk

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4403196476403.2184069.1183347608&type=3

Carina
28-08-12, 19:40
Sweet mercy, that sounds so scary! I've never heard of exercise making you feel worse, but I don't have a lot of experience yet. I just thought I'd check in to send my sympathy that this happened to you and tell you that I hope someone helps you work through this.

venusbluejeans
28-08-12, 19:42
Don't beat yourself up about panicking while you were out for a walk.... instead praise yourself because you went out and did it :)

you felt Awful after 5 minutes but you continued so well done. :yesyes:

your pictures are beautiful by the way

Emmz :flowers:

ps, do not let it put you off, the more you do it the easier it will become!

Annie0904
28-08-12, 19:55
Don't think about the negative part...you did really well today and got out on that walk and you have some lovely pictures to prove it. Yes you had a little set back but you managed to do a lot today. You are not back to square one, You have made progress x

lindajane1971
28-08-12, 22:53
aww thank you for the nice comments :D

We have rain forecast here for the rest of the week so I don't think I will be out much the rest of the week, but I want to be able to get to the top of that hill!!!
linda x