PDA

View Full Version : Aching left arm, wrist and elbow.

Pansy
28-08-12, 22:12
I have had an aching left elbow and wrist on and off for a few days. It comes and goes, and sometimes the ache feels quite deep and sometimes it's more like a sharp pain. It's not there all the time.

The other day some 'helpful' person (not!) said I could be having one of those silent heart attacks - one where you don't get chest pain and collapse, but have aches and pains going on until you go to the docs. She went on to tell me about her friend who had aching arms and shoulders for a couple of days. The friend went to the docs and was told she'd had a heart attack without knowing it. This information is starting to freak me out.

I am trying to be logical about it - I might just have an aching elbow. But the negative thoughts are just biting at me all the time, I can't seem to convince myself it's probably just muscular.

Has anyone else had anything like this?

swgrl09
28-08-12, 22:23
OMG I hate when people do that!!! My aunt the other day told me I probably have a disease where my heart will stop and I could just drop dead. Like ... are these people for real???? lol

Anyway my arm has hurt all day the past couple days. Same type of pain. Are you sleeping on it funny? I try stretching before and after bed to see if it helps. I tend to sleep on my sides.

Pansy
28-08-12, 22:36
Thanks swgrl09, you are so right. I hate it when people just love to tell their horror stories! They seem to get some sort of pleasure out of giving all the gorey details - with relish :lac:. I don't want to know!!!!!!!!!

As for my arm and elbow, well I have been doing quite a lot of extra work on my computer at work so I am trying to tell myself that is probably what it is. But hey, us anxiety sufferers like to think the worst. I am really trying to think positive, but sometimes it is just so draining.

Hope your arm feels better soon.